Why can't the United Nations create a new country for LGBT?

@jovy63 (20)
The LGBT community is among the most persecuted in the world. However, rather than being persecuted as a nation (like Palestine), or as a group within a nation (Like the Jews in Germany or the lower castes in India), they are spread across all counties irrespective of race, color, religion, or political dispensation. Even countries where they have legal rights are unable to control the social ostracisation and discrimination that they face. Would it not be a lot better to create a new country for them, so that all who want to can emigrate there and live happily ever after!! Since all are LGBT there cannot be any more discrimination!!
@gamayngbaki (1414)
• Cebu, Philippines
You're suggesting forming a new nation for and exclusively for LGBTQ ? Wouldn't that be a form of segregation? And isn't segregation a form of discrimination and racism?
@macayada (1528)
@gamayngbaki Correct.
@jovy63 (20)
Living with people who think and behave like you is not segregation- All communities across the world are formed on the basis of some commonality - race, religion, occupation, culture- even with a nation as diverse as the US- there are geographical clusters of people with various value systems and beliefs-an LGBT country will just be another one like that
Not not mention LGBTQIA people can still be discriminatory against each other....
"(Like the Jews in Germany or the lower castes in India)" --- Are you insinuating that Jews *are* (Present Tense) discriminated against in Germany?
• Austin, Texas
I can't speak for Germany since I've never been there but … let me say this about US. Jews are usually discriminated against everywhere they go to live. In some places the discrimination may not be as bad as in other places. The fact is that the nation of Israel as it exist today was not established for biblical reasons but because the man behind its establishment wanted at least one country on the earth where Jews could go and live in peace. You can argue with me about this. But if you ask a Jew, he or she will tell you frankly that's exactly how it is. Even in America, they can't really live in peace. Not with violent white supremacists going around chanting “JEWS WILL NOT REPLACE US!” Ignoramuses! Jews ain't trying to replace nobody! They are self sufficient. They can take care of themselves. You don't bother them, they won't bother you! As for the lower caste in India, if they could make it over to America, they could probably come over here and get rich. They might face another discrimination problem. But it won't be about their “caste”. Cause we don't do that caste stuff over here. We would have learn the intricacies of the Hindu religion and we not about to do that! Ignorant Americans and proud of it! I'm just telling you how it is. It's like the Chinese who say they are discriminated against in Vietnam. Oh really? Come to America. There won't be any discrimination because most of US don't know the difference between the Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, Filipino, etc. We lump them all as Asians cause their eyes are slanted. And some of US are so ignorant we are now attacking them! This group of people can't even walk our streets without becoming a target of an unprovoked hate crime. Again. I'm just saying what's happening in the USA. But as for this nonsense about creating a country for LGBTQ? It's NONSENSE!! I honestly don't know why it was even suggested. Why not recommend that they all relocate to Mars? I have an opinion. Don't try to change it with the facts.
@cmoneyspinner Rest assured, I have no interest in changing your opinion.
• Austin, Texas
@MALUSE - It's a lot of stuff going on in America. It's like nobody wants to just take a chill pill and just relax. Our news is driving me crazy!
@Namelesss (3352)
Don't we have enough special interest groups? Every single one does nothing but divide people further.
@jovy63 (20)
Special interest groups do not divide people - they attempt to hight a particular issue which they believe in. this is more so in cases where they are discriminated against
@myklj999 (58116)
• Olney, Illinois
Not really. Taking the land from other people and giving it to the worldwide LGBT community is unrealistic at the least. Not to mention you would not be self-sufficient and then you'd be whining everyone hated you and that is why it costs so much to import the technology and food you need.
@jovy63 Such a country wouldn't exist for long because the gay population wouldn't have enough children - if any at all - to keep it running.
@myklj999 (58116)
• Olney, Illinois
@MALUSE Artificial insemination. Lesbians are known to have and raise children, I imagine gay males might adopt, but yes, the rate would probably be so low that they could not keep enough people as a going concern to make it work forever.
@macayada (1528)
@MALUSE We are of the same thinking.
Send all who do the discrimnating to one small, crowded country. Leave the LGBTQ people free in the rest of the world.
@jovy63 (20)
That's another option but LGBT are only 5 percent or so of the world's population.Not logical to try to move 95 percent.
@jovy63 Their families would want to be with them. Now we are talking about much more than 5%. Probably every extended family on earth.
@macayada (1528)
@gamayngbaki I think LGBT is already known and accepted community, if you will live separately then the more chances of putting yourselves in isolation, no man is an island. It's a long journey to build up sustainability.
@jovy63 (20)
It is an option available to those who live in parts of the world they are discriminated against. Where they are accepted and treated well- they do not need to move. It is an option - I didn't mean that all LGBT will necessarily have to live in the LGBT country - just like other people in all countries have the option of moving to the country of their choice
@Shxrubia (2705)
I don't think it's gonna be easy
@lovebuglena (28902)
• Staten Island, New York
I doubt that will get rid of the discrimination since the same type of people can discriminate against each other.
@jovy63 (20)
Sure..but they can't discriminate because they are LGBT....they will have to find other reasons!!??. "Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone"!!
@lovebuglena (28902)
• Staten Island, New York
@jovy63 People can still belittle or make fun of others in the same group.
@Fa_Maverick (6682)
I find it sort of amusing that you think a country of LGBTQIA wouldn't have discrimination...There shouldn't need to be a new country for LGBTQIA.... Besides even in the LGBTQIA community there can still be racism and prosecution of those that are different... An LGBTQIA country would not necessarily be all rainbows and unicorns...