Happy 7

“Impossible is for the unwilling.” – John Keats I have walked 2.4 miles so far today. I intend to increase my morning walks until I'm outside for an hour. I am considering some afternoon walks as well, but it depends on the temperature. Today it is 83 degrees (23 C) and about 4 MPH winds from the west. I'm making keto chicken taco soup. My meals have been unoriginal lately. I am 12 lbs or so away from the next lowest BMI. It is the BMI recommended for my height, weight and age. I feel accomplished today. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I finished a crocheted tulip yesterday and intend to work on another later. I bought some very pale yellow yarn from the dollar tree and will use it, the blue and the green I already have. How is your day? Can you suggest any LOW CARB (NO PASTAS, RICE, STARCHES, OR BREADS) meal ideas?
• Rupert, Idaho
That's a great walk.....and that is good to increase them to an hour.....sounds like a hot day there! Hope you enjoy the soup. Nothing wrong with unoriginal meal though, I think. 12 pounds is to not too much...best of luck with reaching that! Not sure on meal ideas though since I am just eating meat/cheese/eggs mostly lol,
I need to make that egg loaf you suggested to me. I keep thinking about it but feel too lazy to get it done lol. Last year I walked about an hour every morning. A lot of it was uphill and yet lately, I've been doing a lot more down hill or slow incline.
• Rupert, Idaho
@ScribbledAdNauseum That would be good to make the egg loaf....it is really easy to make too. Oh wow, that is a lot of walking! Well as long as you are still moving is what counts, right?
@MommyOfEli2013 Right! I didn't get to walk as much as I had planned today, but that's okay. I might actually see if my friends want to make it on our lake trip.... the egg loaf that is.
@Tina30219 (69350)
• Onaway, Michigan
Congratulations on your new BMI goal
Not there yet, but I'll get there.
@Tina30219 (69350)
• Onaway, Michigan
@ScribbledAdNauseum You sure will
@Tina30219 I've considered a gym membership, but I know myself, I won't go.
@CarolDM (127005)
Another great walk. Sorry I can't think of any recipes for you.
Thank You! Bing's weather map covered NC and parts of TN. I saw that you guys are getting rain.
@CarolDM (127005)
@ScribbledAdNauseum Yes, it is coming later.
@CarolDM I hope it keeps you cool. I haven't looked at our ten day, but I'm hoping we won't get too hot.
@m_audrey6788 (38788)
You got a good walk with a good weather too. Your meal sounds good to me. Sorry, I don`t have meal ideas with low carb
Yes, it's beautiful outside. It was 30 degrees cooler when I walked earlier today. I like that weather for walking.
@ScribbledAdNauseum Me too and I hope it will be like that here soon
@m_audrey6788 It has been cold there, correct?
Sounds like a lovely day, really. I love walking. I sometimes use spaghetti squash as a replacement for pasta.
I bought a bag of frozen spaghetti squash from the green giant brand recently. I wouldn't recommend it. It was a bunch of dehydrated clumps
@ScribbledAdNauseum I have only bought a whole one. Just pop in over or microwave until it is desired doneness. I like it still a bit undergone. Dig it out and pile on plate, the top with meat sauce, etc. Of course, I like it just plain with salt and pepper, so it works for me. Good to know frozen isn't so good.
@paigea I am really the only one that will eat the spaghetti squash unless I hide it. I figured I would be able to hide the frozen. I have a relative who won't eat it if he knows what's in it.
@RebeccasFarm (26812)
• Denver, Colorado
I am glad you are feeling good today Amber! Day is not the best but that is okay going along. Well how about some salad that is all I know lol
I do love salads. I'm sorry your day isn't the best, but as long as it's plodding on steadily, that is what matters.
• Denver, Colorado
@ScribbledAdNauseum Yes going along..it will be over soon thanks Amber
Sorry I can not help you with any meal ideas. Have a good day.
Thank You, that's okay and I hope you have a great day too.
@kaylachan (16765)
I wish you the best of luck. I would stick to the early morning or late evening if you plan to be outside. Avoid the hours of like noon to 3 as that's typically the hottest part of the day. Other than that, you sound like you're on the right track.
Thank You. I honestly have to walk when I have the time. Early morning and then mid day are about the only times I have available.
that is excellent how far you walked!! i i will look at my woman's world magazines and email you any keto recipes that sound good as they have almost every other week stories about people who lost weight by eating keto and sometimes include recipes!
Oh please do! I didn't know Womans' World had keto recipes! The next time I am at the grocery store I will look for it.
@ScribbledAdNauseum i will! one clue that might mean a keto recipe is a story on somebody losing a lot of weight as it is usually lost by the keto diet! i get between 25-30 emails a day each one with a lot of recipes so if you want I can forward you low carb recipes
@Marty1 That would be wonderful, thank you! Any recipe that doesn't incorporate pasta, rice, other starches or breads should work as well. If nothing else, I can take what's suggested and adapt it.