Workout Done!

Rupert, Idaho
I got my workout in for the day. I did 1 hour and 30 mins total. I started off with a 25 minute Tae Bo Power Punch workout. I'll share the link to that below. Then I danced to songs for the rest. Burned around 830 calories, I believe. Also am over 10,000 steps now for the day so far. Here is what's awful though....checked my sugar 25 minutes after....its up to 315!!! I really need a CGM so I can see what it is like every 5 minutes and keep an eye on it. Do you have one? Did you workout?
I want to introduce you guys to my brand new workout routine- it's called Tae Bo Power Punch! I'm really looking forward to hearing what you guys think about...
@wolfgirl569 (39058)
• Marion, Ohio
Just keep at it. It is going to take time for your body to register the changes.
• Rupert, Idaho
I am just angry because last time I didn't have the same issue. And to see such a high number after a work out...that's crazy
@wolfgirl569 (39058)
• Marion, Ohio
@MommyOfEli2013 After a workout is when I would expect it. You told your body it needed to process stuff. You are getting older whether you feel like it or not and your body will start to react differently. So it can take longer now.
• Rupert, Idaho
@wolfgirl569 Well I refuse to get older lol. I didn't want to get to 30.....and now I am almost halfway through those years.
@LindaOHio (62719)
Wow! What is going on with your blood sugar? Should you see your doctor?
• Rupert, Idaho
Well doing hard workouts can spike the blood sugar. My sugar was already in the 200's before I worked out. So it just went even higher. It did drop down throughout the day though
@LindaOHio (62719)
@MommyOfEli2013 I knew a guy that would exercise after his lunch because it brought his blood sugar down. He was a type 1. I don't know why it would spike your blood sugar.
• Rupert, Idaho
@LindaOHio That's good to hear that it would help him. Question is, what kind of workout? Maybe high intensity is not good? Maybe I am stressing my body too much at once? Not sure!
@kaylachan (16765)
Congrats on the workout. I've done one workout, might do a second. Haven't decided yet.
• Rupert, Idaho
Thanks....although not sure if was a good thing because of my blood sugar. Well that is good you did one at least
@kaylachan (16765)
@MommyOfEli2013 I know your nunbers have been all over the place, but I read exercises, if done correctly, can help keep your numbers in check and even lower it.
• Rupert, Idaho
@kaylachan Correctly? Not sure what that means! Maybe I should have waited a week or two before starting workouts again. I got my blood sugars lower without exercise before.
@Deepizzaguy (47698)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I do take walks around the neighborhood when I pick up the mail.
• Rupert, Idaho
That's good to hear
@Deepizzaguy (47698)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@MommyOfEli2013 Thank you for your kind comments.
• Rupert, Idaho
@Deepizzaguy No problem.
@CarolDM (127036)
Is a CGM for your glucose? Nice job on your workout.
• Rupert, Idaho
Yes, it is worn on the arm and checks blood sugar every 5 mins or so. Thank you...not sure its good for my blood sugar though
@CarolDM (127036)
@MommyOfEli2013 I hope you can figure it out.
• Rupert, Idaho
@CarolDM I probably just need to stick to low carb much longer...
I don´t know what a CGM is. It took me months (English is not my native language) to discover what lol meant. I have always wondered why Americans don´t use the entire words. This CGM cannot even be found online. I suppose it is a devise for something.
• Rupert, Idaho
Should be able to be found online....that's strange. But it's a continuous glucose monitor. You wear it on your arm and it checks blood sugar every 5 minutes or so
What does CGM stand for? I guess it's the glucose monitor that is embedded in your skin? We've already talked about what I did today. Tomorrow I am going to walk more though.
• Rupert, Idaho
Yes, it's a continuous glucose monitor. Would just be helpful I think. But doubt I could afford one. Yes we did, and that's great. That sounds like a good plan for tomorrow
Sounds like a great workout. What is a CGM?
• Rupert, Idaho
It's a continuous glucose monitor...it would check the blood sugar every 5 minutes or so
@Shalom12 (45)
Well done for doing fitness it also makes you look younger
Keep it up exercise us good