Another Thursday

@sallypup (43964)
Moses Lake, Washington
Sunshine at my house with a strong north wind so it feels this side of being below freezing outside. The sunshine brings rainbows from my stained glass window pieces and fools me into imagining warmth until I go out to feed birds and water pansies. I've gathered a little box of metal things that must go with us when we move. The box holds a small heavy green sauce pan that was made in Poland, a small copper sauce pan that was made in France. The snout from an antique English oil can peeks out of that box, too. I showed it to hubby and he thinks it was handmade. Don't know. A friend who loved antiques and owned a bookstore gave it to me. Small objects that reflect my need to gather odd things and now at least it is packed and ready to go- probably next week. Hubby grabbed an old box of very dusty and dirty braille mags and hauled them to the garbage can. That totally has to be his decision since I can't read the pile. I thanked him for the big help. Anything that goes makes it easier to see what is left and what is worthy of being boxed for the ride West. Rufus dog has been out leaping and chewing his big ball toy. I am delighted there cause when he has less excess energy he gets into less trouble. Total win for everybody there!
@bunnybon7 (47022)
• Holiday, Florida
Sounds so cute. Miss my Coco so bad.
@sallypup (43964)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@bunnybon7 I'm sorry about your Coco. Rufus bullys the cats too much. If he does not get exercise he shoves them around.
@bunnybon7 (47022)
• Holiday, Florida
@sallypup I forgot what kind of dog he is ? Well at least he don't bite the poor kitties. Must just be too playful.
@sallypup (43964)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@bunnybon7 Rufus is a Blue Heeler. He is bred to herd things but his grabbing the cat's necks makes me very nervous. My biggest cat has slapped him several times for being too bossy.
@myklj999 (56028)
• Olney, Illinois
Now you make me feel bad for whining about 63 and a touch damp today, but we had sunny and 84 yesterday and I want it back wherever it went.
@sallypup (43964)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@myklj999 My world needs moisture. 84 sounds like high summer to me.
@myklj999 (56028)
• Olney, Illinois
@sallypup It definitively wasn't normal southern Illinois spring yesterday but it spoiled me
@sallypup (43964)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@myklj999 Are you anywhere near Peoria? My grandparents had a farm in the Peoria area.
@wolfgirl569 (39524)
• Marion, Ohio
You are making great progress packing.
@sallypup (43964)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@wolfgirl569 Thank you for being so nice. I could take photos but they will make you shake your head.
@wolfgirl569 (39524)
• Marion, Ohio
@sallypup I can guess. We only moved a little ways the last time and I still remember all the packing I did. And that didnt include the critter stuff.
@sallypup (43964)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@wolfgirl569 I am trying to not imagine getting the cats into carriers and then shoving them into the car and after all that heck driving with them.
@CarolDM (125229)
We have tons of sunshine after rain last night. Suppose to be 75 again today. You have lots of treasures.
@sallypup (43964)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@CarolDM I do have lots of treasures. Packing this little box of metal things is just the tip of the iceburg. Closer to big moving time I have two curio cabinets of Bavarian and English china pieces to carefully manage.
@CarolDM (125229)
@sallypup Precious memories as well. I would help if I lived closer.
@sallypup (43964)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@CarolDM Sweet you. We'd stop to gab over tea before we got down to the hard work.
@LindaOHio (61908)
It was in the 70s and sunny for most of the day; and then some rain moved in. You sound as if you're almost ready to go! A bittersweet moment.
@sallypup (43964)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@LindaOhio Another year before we honestly move. Who knows what will happen in this coming year??
@LindaOHio (61908)
18h
@sallypup Keep us posted!
It is hard to sort through things I know