How many languages do you speak ?

By Ben
I'm a Luxembourgish citizen and I am fluent in 4 languages. In school everyone learns Luxembourgish, German, French and English. I also learn Spanish but on my own. I know it's important for people in Luxembourg to speak so many languages because we aren't a really big country and a lot of people here don't even speak Luxembourgish. Nearly half of our occupants aren't citizens. My question is how many languages do you speak and in how many countries could you live with those. I could live in Luxembourg, Germany, France, Belgium, United Kingdom, United States, New Zealand, Canada, Switzerland, Austria, Australia and others.
@xFiacre (9345)
@benartik English, Irish and French for me and I can get by in Italian. That makes quite a few countries available to me.
@myklj999 (57090)
• Olney, Illinois
I speak several dialects of English but I couldn't live anywhere else because I hate people in general and it'd be too troublesome.
• Pune, India
2 My native language is Hindi and the other one is English which I think can be used on the global level.
@Rashnag (11700)
• Thane, India
Good to know. I speak 3 languages. English, Hindi and Gujarati language
@Deepizzaguy (48790)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
English and Spanish since I was born in the former Canal Zone in Panama where even though the majority of the population was Panamanian, there are some former U S military personnel and former Panama Canal Company employees living in the nation.
@sulynsi (2985)
I think that’s pretty amazing! I studied German, French, Italian, Portuguese and Mandarin but I’m only fluent in English- I had never realized Luxembourg had its own language, but I looked it up on the most translated website and I saw it there! Thank you for educating me ??
https://www.jw.org/lb/
You're welcome ;) OMG I'm so glad you realized that. So many people don't accept it and don't recognize it as an own language. I have to admit, it is pretty similar to German but only if we speak slowly. It's like a mix between German,French,English. It's pretty nice, because nearly nobody knows our language so if he are on vacation we can talk and nobody will understand us.
@sulynsi (2985)
@BenArtik You know, when I started learning Mandarin, i got to learn more about the culture of the people and the beauty of the country- it’s so easy to be so focused on our own little world that we forget there’s so much more out there
@sulynsi I can totally agree with you
@lovebuglena (27819)
• Staten Island, New York
I did not know that Luxembourg has its own language. I am originally from Belarus. I am fluent in Russian and English. Don't really know Belarusian. Though Belarusian and Russian have many similar or same words. I know some words here and there in Spanish but can't really speak or understand it.
@thelme55 (68509)
I speak Bisayan, Tagalog, English and German language. So, I speak and write on 4 languages fluently.
@Shiva49 (20578)
I am fluent in four languages and comfortable with another.
• Nairobi, Kenya
I can speak three languages
@edisondanila (44517)
Its good that you know so many languages my friend.
@emalnm98 (12)
tagalog, english and a bit of korean
@Tenshidc (382)
I speak pampango our native language, tagalog and english our national language. so I speak 3, but because I'm addicted in anime and korean drama I started learning korean and japanese, though not yet fluent but I consider them, so I speak 5 language lol
@kaylachan (18342)
I speak English. U.S. English to be exact. While other counteries might speak a form of English, it'd still be a learning curb to learn the different sayings for words, measurments and so on.
I speak English. I am very bad at learning languages! I admire all your language skills!