Can you tell the difference?

Nairobi, Kenya
I noticed there are many clothes nowadays that can be worn by both men and women. I have a hard time telling the difference. And it would feel uncomfortable for me if a man is able to wear what I'm wearing. I always get clothes that are very feminine and easy for even a child to know it's only for women. I noticed the same with some type of shoes. Can you tell the difference?
No man has ever worn what I wear.
@Dena91 (12864)
• Nairobi, Kenya
I'm glad about that my friend. Your choice of clothes must be very unique
@DianneN I can believe that. You're too feminine for your clothes to be taken for anything else.
I seldom wear dresses anymore, mostly Tshirts and stretchy pants. I’m all about comfort in my old age!
• Nairobi, Kenya
That's good to know. I still wear dresses and skirts. I used to wear shirts and jeans some years back
@mildredtabitha I say “to each his own”, it would be boring if we all dressed alike.
• Nairobi, Kenya
@HomewardBound yes it would. The difference in clothes is what makes it exciting and attractive
• Israel
@mildredtabitha I never noticed before in clothes. I have noticed men with ponytails or long hair but not clothes.
• Nairobi, Kenya
Ooh. They are giving us hair competitions
• Israel
@mildredtabitha I would not call it hair competitions but there are some men that grow out their hair too like women do.
• Nairobi, Kenya
@Hannihar okay my friend. I agree with you. I have met them too. In my town, there are men who plait their hair
@thelme55 (68184)
I think I can tell the difference. It depends on the Style of the clothes.
• Nairobi, Kenya
That's good. Things that help me tell the difference is the small paper inside the back of the cloth especially if it is sweater, I look if it was made for women. What about you, how do you know?
@thelme55 (68184)
@mildredtabitha I can't tell you how I know it. Women's clothes are sold in the women's department.
• Nairobi, Kenya
@thelme55 ooh okay. That is the best way to know. I like it. I always go to the women's store too
When it comes to some types of clothes, t-shirts, especially sports-related, are for both men and women. I don't mind in that case. I have many sports shirts for my favorite team. Otherwise, I stick to women's clothes.
• Nairobi, Kenya
That is very understandable. I agree too. I noticed that most sport shoes are worn by both men and women. I'm glad you still stick to women's clothes. I like that
@mildredtabitha Thank you.
• Nairobi, Kenya
@just4him you are welcomed Valerie
@Dena91 (12864)
I can tell the difference for the most part. I wear comfortable clothes for the most part, but anyone can tell they are for a woman.
• Nairobi, Kenya
Can you tell me where the difference is. My brother used to buy trousers and my sister would tell him that it is for girls after he showed us at home. I was wondering, where specifically is the difference
@Dena91 (12864)
@mildredtabitha The way that they are cut. I use to work in a factory that made Levi's blue jeans. Where the legs come together are different.
• Nairobi, Kenya
@Dena91. Thanks for helping me get it. I will try to check the area where the legs come together so I can see the difference
@Robinhuut (444)
• Bogor, Indonesia
Buttons. Woman: hole on right. Man: on the left. How to see it, try to check your shirt and your partner
• Nairobi, Kenya
Thank you my friend. You reminded me of that, I had forgotten since I don't wear shirts with buttons anymore. That's a good tip
• Bogor, Indonesia
• Barquisimeto, Venezuela
You're right, in recent years it has become very difficult to differentiate clothing by gender. Even when they are wearing their clothes, because a man can look like a woman to you or a woman can look like a man seen from a distance. I think that in your case the secret is to look for garments that are extremely feminine, as you have done until now, knowing that it would not be strange to find a man on the street one day, wearing the same garment. LOL.
• Nairobi, Kenya
Thank you for supporting me in continuing to do so. You are right. Some men have feminine features and wearing feminine clothes make it worse.
@lovebuglena (27643)
• Staten Island, New York
Some things are universal and hard to tell whether they're meant for a man or a woman. Like a t-shirt for example.
• Nairobi, Kenya
I totally agree with you. Even some socks
Have you seen a man waering the same thing you are wearing?
• Nairobi, Kenya
No because I wear mostly dresses and skirts. But I've seen some trousers on men that women wear too. Then some shoes, eg. Canvas. Then some sweat pants and jumpers. It's hard to tell if it is for women or men
@wolfgirl569 (40165)
• Marion, Ohio
I wear jeans and t-shirts mostly. So they are for either.
• Nairobi, Kenya
Okay my friend. Thanks for sharing. I used to wear jeans and t-shirts in my teens
@db20747 (35012)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
I like unisex clothes! They're quite interesting!
• Nairobi, Kenya
That's cool! I always find it hard to differentiate them. It seems they won't something to specify which ladies can wear and which is for men
@moonandstars (48686)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i don't like men wearing women's clothes bad, i like wearing or buying things that are chepaer but are on men's section. i do that rarely, only when i need something. like, i bought a winter scarf, a cap, sneakers, military jacket and one t-shirt , which i use as a pj. that's it.
• Nairobi, Kenya
I like that my friend. I also don't like it if a man is able to wear what I wear. So I buy on the ladies section too but only dresses because I'm sure no man can wear a dress.
• Kenya
Yes probably you can
• Nairobi, Kenya
How do you see the difference. I find hard to see on trousers. But some official coats I think the buttons can be checked and how it was knit But if it is difficult for me to tell, then I don't buy it
@kaylachan (18002)
I would have to say it would depend on the clothing. However, I'm thankful that my husband and I can share some clothes. Especially shoes. I normally wear open toed shoes, but there was a time I needed close-toed shoes. Then there was the time Chilly got out and he took me to go after him, and I ran out of the apartment without shoes. He had a spare pair he kept for work and I slid those on and got the cat.
• Nairobi, Kenya
That's wonderful experience for you You just reminded me, we wear "slippers" together too
@JimBo452020 (46182)
• Montrose, Scotland
Unisex clothing is very popular. Women wear boxer.shorts like men do. Jeans too, shirts, etc It's really not a big deal. Why the heck would you feel uncomfortable just because a guy could wear a shirt or jeans similar to what you are wearing. Seems a bit silly to me Doesn't worry me if a woman wears Levi Jeans or a Ben Sherman shirt lol like I wear. Good taste I would say
• Nairobi, Kenya
I'm glad you are comfortable with it. I'm do surprised you mentioned boxer. I didn't know almost every thing is now considered "unisex" . It would be better if there was no "unisex"
@JimBo452020 (46182)
• Montrose, Scotland
@mildredtabitha I disagree. Unisex clothing is great. Women and men can wear what the heck they want. Why exactly do you wish " it would be better if there was no unisex"
• Nairobi, Kenya
@JimBo452020 so that men's clothes will remain men's clothes and women for women. Simple!
@Matamu (1668)
Women's shoes have heels, men's shoes have no heels.
• Nairobi, Kenya
You are very right. But all my shoes are flat. I don't like heels
@Matamu (1668)