I HATE DOCTORS!!!

@GreatMartin (18683)
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Too bad we need them to keep us alive!! When I first met this cardiologist 2 months ago--he replaced my previous cardiologist--he changed a medicine that I have been taking for 20 that did its job (1 pill a day) for a new one 2 pills a day plus aspirin--without any explanations but I didn't get into that as in his next breath he sort of berated me for not telling him that my aorta valve had been in my heart 13 years (though he had my charts right in front of him and the new medicine had to do with that!)--3 years past expiration date! On top of that he said he couldn't do anything about the valve until he found out if I had lung or brain cancer (I DON'T) based on a report from my lung doctor!!! And I did not see him for the next 2 months though I was supposed to have an appointment with him next Wednesday which he cancelled and made for today--after 2 and 1/2 hours waiting in the small room I was ready to walk BUT I was more concerned about my lack of energy and tough breathing so I stayed BUT I did let him know I was pissed and he used the old "emergency' excuses and people waiting too long before doing something--I (Bette Davis couldn't have done better! LOL) said venomously "Well I am 85--how much longer did I have to wait?" and he responded his father was 95--I responded, "I hope you don't aggravate him like you do your patients!" And then we got down to business. He said he will speak to his partner and they will set up a day for me to go into the hospital which would be an overnight stay to have the aorta valve fixed going through my thigh instead of the chest as done previously and that I will need someone to stay with me that evening I come home--he was ready to set it up for Monday but I explained I need time to arrange a trip to and from the hospital plus get referrals from my primary doctor and arrange for someone to stay with me so that's where it stands now while I don't get back to my lung doctor and "Nocardiosis" (which even the heart doc said could last 6 months to a year and longer) until May 17---and I learn more about the do's and don'ts with that---before 'work' can be done on my lungs! On the bright side I got my smile back!! See picture!)
@kobesbuddy (123709)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Your second doctor sounds like a ray of sunshine, with a paper bag over his head!
@GreatMartin (18683)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
I have a lot of doctors but only 2 or 3 are a waste because they don't know how to schedule!!
@kobesbuddy (123709)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@GreatMartin I have one PA and she's great!
@GreatMartin (18683)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
@CarolDM (130078)
You did get your smile back. Great photo. Hope this all gets straight soon and they take care of your issues.
@GreatMartin (18683)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Oh,. so do I, so do I!!
I’m glad that you got your smile back.
@GreatMartin (18683)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
So am I--glad masks were in effect!
@FourWalls (32730)
What, he spent so much time studying anatomy he forgot to learn how to read???? I love my civilian doctors. Because I’m still on vacation I won’t mention the VA so as not to spoil the vacation....
@GreatMartin (18683)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
I love most of mine--need to change a couple!!
• Nairobi, Kenya
Sorry about your experience with the doctors. I'm glad you got your smile back. I think it is better to stick with one doctor, too bad they keep changing
@GreatMartin (18683)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Why stick with a doctor who isn't any good for you as a patient??
• Nairobi, Kenya
@GreatMartin You can always change the hospital you go to
@GreatMartin (18683)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
@mildredtabitha That creates an insurance problem here in the USA.
I have to say, you showed more patience than I would have been able to! Most doctors do a good job but there are some who look down on the rest of us. Glad you’re still smiling, praying all goes well with your health.
@GreatMartin (18683)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Right or wrong I have faith in doctors!!
@JimBo452020 (46100)
• Montrose, Scotland
Great to see you smile.
@GreatMartin (18683)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
And I love smiling!!
@xander6464 (20747)
• Wapello, Iowa
In a perfect world, the doctors would pay us for putting up with them.
@GreatMartin (18683)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Just bill them!!!
@xander6464 (20747)
• Wapello, Iowa
19h
@GreatMartin I tried that. It didn't work.
@GreatMartin (18683)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
19h
@xander6464 You probably didn't charge enough to get their attention!!
Oh my goodness, GreatMartin . . . the things you have to go through with this doctor - insane! But lookin' good . . . great to see you smiling !
@GreatMartin (18683)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
I just want answers!!!
@GreatMartin I don't blame you - I certainly would too. Sometimes I think they play it like they know everything, but in actuality they don't. Argh.
@spiderdust (10369)
• San Jose, California
Right now I hate medical bills. One of the kids cut his hand while washing dishes and had to get 14 stitches. $4000 out of pocket, on top of the ER co-pay AND the monthly insurance payment! It's good to see your smile though.
@GreatMartin (18683)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
I do have great insurance--very few, if any, co-pays so that's not a problem and most of the doctors aren't but there are 1 or 2 who make you wonder why they ever became doctors!!
@db20747 (34991)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
20h
Yes, doctors can be very confusing! You are doing very well and hanging in there very well. Wish I could sit with you at the hospital if I was in Florida! What a nice smile! And all those are your teeth!!
@GreatMartin (18683)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
19h
I won't tell if you won't tell!!
@Matamu (1627)
21h
You have to be patient with your 2nd cardiologist doctor.
@GreatMartin (18683)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
19h
Nope--I'm his patient!!