Whacky Wednesday

@kareng (35854)
I'll be out of the house most of Wednesday. I have a doctor's appointment in Baton Rouge and had planned a little shopping until my husband got a call confirming his doctor appointment for Wednesday. So we will be car pooling to Baton Rouge to get these appointments done. Both are regular check ups and mainly to get prescriptions renewed. I did tell him that we were stopping at our daughter's house in Baton Rouge. It is not far from the doctor's office. I had already promised to drop off a few things to her. He wasn't happy about this, but I told him to suck it up! They have a long time rift going that I have been managing to stay out of. Since my shopping trip is now off the calendar, I think we will pick up Chinese take out for dinner on the way home. That's the plan for now anyway. What are your plans for Wednesday? Photo Credit: Pixabay, Public Domain
@rakski (92149)
I hope it will be a good Wednesday to you
@kareng (35854)
Thank you! I hope you have a great day!
@rakski (92149)
@kareng thank you and the day is good so far
@kareng (35854)
@rakski You are welcome and I'm glad you had a nice day!
Haven't had lumpia in a while lately.
@kareng (35854)
Okay, I have to ask. What is lumpia??
@kareng Lumpia are Filipino spring rolls, similar to the one in your picture.
@kareng (35854)
@LadyDuck Ah, yes!
@prashu228 (27240)
Its going to be busy Wednesday for you , i just finished breakfast and will start preparing lunch after a while, just myloting now
@kareng (35854)
Me too and I'm trying to catch up all the notifications, but I have to get to bed. Early time to get up and on the road tomorrow!
@CarolDM (137570)
I hope the day goes smooth for both of you. Laundry for now.
@kareng (35854)
It did. Both appointments were quick and all the stops ran smoothly. Best of all we missed the rain all day! I'll be doing laundry probably on Saturday. Hoping to knock out some yard work in the next few days while we have a bit of sunshine.
@CarolDM (137570)
@kareng That is good to hear. Glad that is all done.
@kareng (35854)
@CarolDM Yes, I have a bit more to do here and will work on it later today while hubby goes to mow grass at house in Louisiana.
I'm sorry there's a rift between father and daughter. I hope the visit turns out well. I hope all goes well with your appointments.
@kareng (35854)
Yep it is two stubborn people! We both had good dr. visits. Hub had his medication wrong so good thing he went back in. He had stopped taking the wrong blood pressure medicine so dr. got him all straight. He has to go on a DIET too!! I maintained my previous weight, blood pressure good so I got a clean bill. Just had to go do labs to check on thyroid again.
@kareng I hope he'll stick to the diet. I'm glad you got a clean bill of health.
@kareng (35854)
@just4him He knew he had gained weight but only thought it was 5 lbs. max. He was shocked.
@DocAndersen (42448)
family issues are the worst. best to rise above the fray!
@kareng (35854)
I totally agree. Have tried to talk sense into both sides and it hasn't helped. Have left it with the man up stairs.
@DocAndersen (42448)
@kareng sometimes that is the only thing we can do
@kareng (35854)
@DocAndersen Yep, I worried myself sick over it all at first but I can't keep doing that.
@moffittjc (97036)
• Gainesville, Florida
My daughter just told me she's going to be a bridesmaid in a wedding in New Orleans in mid-October. I may solicit some sightseeing advice from you as the date draws closer. Nothing much going on here on this whacky Wednesday. I didn't get much sleep last night, so I'm really tired and may just try to go to bed early tonight.
@kareng (35854)
Oh cool!! And it will be cooled off some by then. We actually were invited to a wedding down there this Saturday but not going. My hubby hates New Orleans just because of all the crime. It killed him when we held a Symposim down there for a week --the week before Mardi Gras!! I told him to take off work and come down and stay but he said he couldn't get off work (too bad). I told him that if we went out at night, it would be in a group. No problem. So he calls and I didn't hear phone ring and he got no answer for several attempts. This happened to be the night we all decided to go out so I was in crowd and noise. Before we left, one of our grad students didn't plan on spending the night down there and we had talked her into going out with us all. I offered her the other bed in my room. In the meantime upset hubby decides to drive down to see what is going on and he gets my room number and goes to the room to find the grad student who had gone back to hotel early crashed in room and me nowhere to be found. We finally connected. He wasn't very pleased. He had seen a fatality on way getting to hotel --someone who had gotten stabbed on the sidewalk and of course always thinks the worst. It's not easy being married to a cop!!
@kareng Wow.
@kareng (35854)
@popciclecold Yep, and I hear everything from a law enforcement perspective. Sometimes good, but mostly not!! How you ya'll view New Orleans up that way?
@prinzcy (27401)
I was at work on Wednesday. Today it's work from home again.
@kareng (35854)
I would have loved working from home!
@prinzcy (27401)
@kareng I wish I can find a job that allows me to do this forever.
@kareng (35854)
@prinzcy Is that a temporary job or just during Covid work at home?
@betlynfrnds (3507)
This is so ironic; I was just thinking about how much I miss Chinese cuisine. I have not mastered it in my own kitchen as of yet. My husband and I used to go to a really good buffet in our area. Since Covid, we've stopped going into restaurants. Just today, I thought about picking up something from one of our many takeout stores. Tomorrow is another day. Maybe it will happen then, who knows?
@kareng (35854)
I haven't tried to cook any of it. When I worked we had several people that visited often from China, Asia, etc. One stayed in the states and worked with us for several years. We became friends and often were invited for dinner at her house. I loved watching her prepare food. We stopped and got our fix. We were both so tired after getting home that we barely ate any of it so I'll have that for dinner tonight and won't have to cook. Win!!
@kareng Well that's a nice treat. I hope you enjoyed it; I'm sure you did.
@kareng (35854)
@betlynfrnds Yes, we all did!
@thelme55 (70254)
Yummy spring rolls. Thanks for reminding me this food. I still have spring roll wrappers in the freezer to make spring rolls.
@kareng (35854)
Yummy! I got an egg roll today with our dinner. I love both!
@thelme55 (70254)
@kareng They are all delicious.
@kareng (35854)
@thelme55 I agree, although I have gotten some bad ones before.
@wolfgirl569 (41101)
• Marion, Ohio
Depends on the weather here. Hoping to work outside. If he gets too grumpy take him shopping too
@kareng (35854)
He was good today and we made it to his apt. on time. We both ran out and forgot to take our morning meds...and I just knew I'd get the high blood pressure rant from my doctor but it was all good!! I only ran into Ollies to see what they had in stock. Got a couple of t-shirts for him and that was about it. I wanted to get a couple of books but I didn't write down the titles.
@wolfgirl569 (41101)
• Marion, Ohio
@kareng Glad he behaved. A shopping trip threat often helps mine be on good behavior as he hates it. That always seems to be the day I will forget my pill also
@kareng (35854)
@wolfgirl569 He's pretty good about shopping unless it is the mall. I don't like to go to the mall either and when I do it is go in to the store I want to visit and then leave. I have to take my acid reflux medicine about hour before taking the rest of my medicine and that throws me off if the routine is different.
@id_peace (13114)
I am interested in the spring roll that you have in the picture. Now I am hungry.
@kareng (35854)
Just a stock photo so I'll tell you it don't taste as good as it looks!!!
@id_peace (13114)
@kareng Next time when you are in Singapore, I will bring you to a place where they sell good ones.
@kareng (35854)
@ladyhero (3400)
have a safe and pleasant trip, i like chinese food, what is your favorite chinese food?
@kareng (35854)
I love lomein with roasted pork.
@RebeccasFarm (33180)
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Chinese sounds so good
@kareng (35854)
We were both so tired that we barely ate. Was a good night to go to bed early, but then again we were both up before midnight. It's almost 2 am now and I think I'm about ready to give sleep another try.
I’m spending the day with one of my nephews.
@kareng (35854)
@Tamp_girl7 That is awesome!! I hope you had a great day!
Have a good one. Too bad your husband and daughter have a misunderstanding.
@kareng (35854)
Yes, hope they will settle it all soon. Been going on too long already.
@Aansh13 (10413)
• New Delhi, India
Well, No plans as such, just the regular work.... Hope you have a good day!!!
@kareng (35854)
Thank you, as the day went well. I hope you had a good day too!
I hope you enjoy your day. its morning now 9.36 am and hoping for a good day
@kareng (35854)
It's morning here too and I have to get to bed or I'll never get up on time. It's 12:28 am here.
@kaylachan (20889)
He'll just have to get over it. If you want to pay her a visit, you should. He can deal with it or waste the fuel and take his own car.
@kareng (35854)
Oh he knows we are going and said fine but not for long. I said all I have to do is drop off some things for her. So that was okay with him.
I am sorry that your husband and your daughter does not get along well, let's hope it will pass. I had not a Chinese roll from ages.
@kareng (35854)
It's bad and to the point where both can't be at the same family functions. It's getting old!!!
@kareng I know there is nothing we can do, my brother does not get along with his daughter.
@kareng (35854)
@LadyDuck True. Her bf is in the center of the problem. She needs to wake up because she is just wasting her life away with him.