Absolutely Horrible

@id_peace (14399)
Singapore
In a safe country like Singapore, murder cases is far and few. Just within this couple of weeks, we already have 3 cases of it already. Today there was an absolutely shocking news. A 16 years old student had murdered a 13 years old school mate using an axe. The boy was declared death when the ambulance arrived. Unfortunately we do not under information more. The boy had been detained by the police. This is absolutely shocking. Teens killing teens. I wonder why does this happen and why is it that the teen must kill another. What had the world become. In the past, if we had to fight each other, as long as the person was down, we will stop and end the fight instantly. Why must they kill each other? What had the world become?
@prashu228 (31681)
now a days teenagers are mostly influenced by social media and games they play ..they don't spend time with family and friends ..their most of the time is in social media..they are aggressive ..which was not the case with teenagers few years back..
@id_peace (14399)
This is a huge concern. I wonder if they are over stimulated by what we are currently having?
@prashu228 (31681)
@id_peace yes ofcourse..they do
@cacay1 (56089)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@prashu228, I agree with you. It's so sad reality our society is facing. The more we suffer the wrath of God
@arunima25 (62231)
• Bangalore, India
That is terrible and concerning. Two years back, we had a similar incident here. A high school teen murdered a primary school child in the restroom as he wanted the school to get closed and the exams to get canceled. I mean the murder of an innocent child to escape from exam...That sounds so strange.
@id_peace (14399)
Oh my god. What happen after that? What is the punishment for the teen who committed the murder?
@arunima25 (62231)
• Bangalore, India
@id_peace If I remember the news correctly, some juvenile correction centre was where he was sent. But one impulsive action of that teen made a couple lose their only child that they had after so many years of marriage.
@id_peace (14399)
I feel sorry for the kid whom lost his life and the parents whom had lost their only child which they had spend some much time and resources on.
@myklj999 (59885)
Yes, horrible. But here in the USA it would be pretty much another 'normal' headline, unfortunately.
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/river-valley-high-school-student-killed-on-campus-police-on-site
@id_peace (14399)
It happen in US so often that it became a norm?
@myklj999 (59885)
@id_peace It has happened often enough that it is not surprising which is why I put marks around 'normal'
@id_peace (14399)
How does the Americans deal with it?
Oh my goodness, this is horrible and shocking I know that your country is a very safe country, like our country.
@id_peace (14399)
Which is why it is incredibly horrible and shocking to find teenager murdering another teen.
@id_peace I fully agree and this is a trend that I am noticing in all countries around the world. What is going on with teenagers?
@id_peace (14399)
Too much stress, pressure and over stimulation from the media hence they commit acts that they cannot understand or assumed that they can handle.
@Shiva49 (22522)
I read about it and was shocked. Details were not given except that they did not know each other. Really wonder what went wrong.
@id_peace (14399)
Yes just recently, it was said that the 16 years old boy was an IMH patient.
@Shiva49 (22522)
@id_peace He was the only child and easily made it to the Gifted cohort in RI. His mother took so much care of him. He developed a fever and before they could reach Changi Hospital from the neighborhood clinic in Tampines. he was gone. He used to come to our house often to play with our son while in Primary.
@id_peace (14399)
Oh my god. Gifted cohort. It is really sad that such protege is gone just like that.
@Anqaya (828)
Yes. This is very rare for a place like Singapore. Even in India, I don't hear much teen murders. Although adult murder cases are popular.
@id_peace (14399)
I hope that this will not be something that start the trend off.
@Anqaya (828)
@id_peace I just saw the news today on CNA. It's horrible really. They said similar cases happened few days ago too.
@id_peace (14399)
I think it could be the same case
That's insane and it could have been due to the useless games like Pubg
@id_peace (14399)
It could be due to mental not the games as the murderer is a patient from the institute of mental health
@cacay1 (56089)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Young people are badly exploited by what they see in TV, videos, media mainstream, drama They lack parental guidance
@id_peace (14399)
The key question is how can we reverse the damage done by all the medias?
@cacay1 (56089)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@id_peace , they never care, but parents and civic actions may voice out their sentiments thru a TV program to remind parents their big involvement in their children's life. The school guidance counsellor must organise a symposium emphasising the value of life and the penalty they would face through in jail. Love must be the center of everything.
@id_peace (14399)
@cacay1 I think probably you are right. If the tv program currently bring them money, why change the formula? Let the moral be the teacher or the parents' job.
@LindaOHio (71057)
That's a horrible way to die. Murder in the US is much more common.
@id_peace (14399)
Yes according to the murderer, the 13 years old victim do not know him. The 13 years old was the first person he encountered and decided to kill.
@LindaOHio (71057)
@id_peace That's terrible. The young man needs some psychiatric care.
@cacay1 (56089)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@LindaOHio, your suggestion is perfect, that young criminal is mentally disturbed.
@ThatDisha (1915)
Really uncomfortable to hear such news, such things are happening so much nowadays don't know what is causing them to have such a mindset at this age
@id_peace (14399)
I do know know what is going through the mind of the youngsters anymore.
@ThatDisha (1915)
@id_peace it is a serious matter of concern
@id_peace (14399)
@ThatDisha Indeed and I hope that they will start to wake up and treasure their lives more.
That is sad what happened to the poor kid being killed by his friend with an axe. Scary that the murder cases are on the rise there.
@id_peace (14399)
Rather unfortunately, they do not know each other.
@id_peace ohh I see when it said classmate I assumed it was a friend. Now I realize they just went to the same school. At those ages they wouldn’t even be in the same grade.
@id_peace (14399)
Yes, the boy been murdered is 3 years the murderer junior. 3 years may not meant a lot for adults. But it mark a great difference between a growing child of 13 and 16.
• Bosnia And Herzegovina
i'm sure the 16 year old had some issues that nobody noticed. if someone noticed, maybe they could help her and avoid this. i'm sorry this happened.
@id_peace (14399)
I think he had been noticed but there is a issue whereby there is so much that we can help the person. Lots of constant monitoring is needed through.
• Bosnia And Herzegovina
@id_peace and then who's responsible for him "snapping"?
@id_peace (14399)
No one know actually. Probably the police is finding out but unlikely they will tell.
Wow! How horrible! Our world is going crazy now.
@id_peace (14399)
Yes, my mind went blank when i heard that.
@id_peace Mine, too. Just awful!
@CarolDM (145341)
Seems to be a worldwide issue unfortunately. Some people are just evil.
@id_peace (14399)
It is crazy to see such cases in such a safe place like Singapore. I think nothing can be taken for granted.
@CarolDM (145341)
@id_peace That is so true.
@cahaya1983 (10540)
Scary, isn't it. Some of the crimes that happen today are crimes that we probably had never heard of 10, 20 years ago.
@id_peace (14399)
Yes not even 5 years ago in fact.
@lady1993 (26851)
That is so horrible. I wonder what led the teenager to do that.
@id_peace (14399)
If i read correctly, he had some mental issues. Despite of the fact that there are a lot of attention been given, things still happen.
The whole world has gone crazy
@id_peace (14399)
It is a disturbing world somehow.
The world in general is like that. Crime is high here. I'm sorry it's shocking news and hope you can find answers.
@id_peace (14399)
I do not think that I can find answer for a long while somehow. It needs a lot of understanding on what the teens are thinking. There are simply no answer for it.
That is really shocking, I sure hope people will come to their senses, How terrible for the families involved,
@id_peace (14399)
Yes not the mention those children were in the building heard of this.
I may be wrong but I blame it on the type of food one eats.
@id_peace (14399)
What do you meant by the type of food that one eats? it is something new to me so it would be good if you can explain so that we can learn more about it.