20 Years ... Memories still linger, and a lot of changes

@ptrikha_2 (34003)
Disclaimer: Similar posts, articles, blogs or writeups might be there on the Net but whatever I am writing here is on my own and any analogies are purely coincidental. 11 Sept 2001. I was in my first year at Job. I was away from my hometown at our company's client office when a terribly shocking news hit the town. Some planes had hit Big Twin Towers in NewYork City. Then news came of a failed attempt in Pennyslvania and an attack at Pentagon. There was shock all around. Internet was there but the social media was not as all prevasive as of now. The day also known as 9/11: the memories still linger on. A lot changed. Especially air travel. Internationally US attacked hideouts and launchpads of Terror groups in Afghanistan and attacked terror financing in many places. Air Travel changed with much much more stringent checks across the globe. The following war on terror and what happened in Afghanistan or Iraq is a much bigger topic, which I am not going to discuss. Yet the world and US moved on. I visited US in 2010 for a few weeks and NY city was again a hustling and bustling city. I could only see the Twin Towers site from a distance. Those who died of whatever nationality, caste, religion, creed is something that should never be forgotten, and in fact make everyone think that A)Terror and crime never pays. B)God will always punish the perpetrators of such grievous sins. Feedbacks/comments invited. May God bless you all. Have a nice weekend!!
There is no way we can stop terrorists, hate calls for hate and this will never end. I was in New York city the year before and the 9/11/2000 we had lunch on top of one of the tower that was destroyed... weird coincidence of dates.
@ptrikha_2 (34003)
@LadyDuck Yes it is a weird coincidence. I read a tale of a person whose wife was initially not supposed to be in the Twin Towers on that day but by chance she was there on that day. She did not survive. The man survived but had a lot of painful memories over the years.
@ptrikha_2 (34003)
@LadyDuck Well parents have their own reason to be worried.
@ptrikha_2 (34003)
@LadyDuck Oh that was a worrying incident in Florida!
It was a horrible day to remember. I was teaching at the time. My son began his career the day before and saw the first plane hit. His future wife left the World Trade Center 15 minutes before the plane hit.
@ptrikha_2 (34003)
@DianneN Yes it was horrible indeed. Those in NY city must have felt severe shock and pain.
@ptrikha_2 (34003)
@DianneN Yes I can understand. In fact it was a world changing event. It was so bad for US and its people. However, in a way that incident made US support a lot of anti terrorism actions around the globe, which was not the case earlier.
@Rashnag (19574)
• Surat, India
Rightly said. I agree. It's terrible what happened and the attackers will be punished by God
@ptrikha_2 (34003)
@Rashnag Unfortunately the hate ideology that led to that attack and loss of so many lives is still well alive. Even within India.
@ptrikha_2 (34003)
@Rashnag Things in fact seem to be moving in the reverse direction. We have more people following hate ideology.
@JimBo452020 (55511)
• Montrose, Scotland
Well with regard to 9/11 and what followed Particularly.recently.in Afghanistan. Maybe.the.Taliban would say.the.same.as.you. You know One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter
@ptrikha_2 (34003)
@JimBo452020 And one of our neighbors.. you knoe who.. talks in terms of Good Terrorist and Bad Terrorist. And still asks for funds from US in the name of fighting terrorism!!
@prashu228 (36138)
ohh ..memories... 11 Sept 2001 ...seriously i don't remember anything ...i was in first year of college...
@ptrikha_2 (34003)
@prashu228 That is fine. I follow news and events plus there was a Kashmiri migrant at my work place and we had some kind of political discussions around this at that time.
@m_audrey6788 (51793)
We can`t control other peoples way of seeing things. What we can only do is to pray for them
@ptrikha_2 (34003)
@m_audrey6788 There are so many in this world who do not listen to others' logic, calls for compassion and tolerance etc. So well one can only pray for them to see sense and forego hate and violence.
Indeed. 9/11 changed a lot of things in our daily lives.
@ptrikha_2 (34003)
@allen0187 In a way it taught many that trouble in one part of the world could very well slip on to other parts. Plus at times, one needs to be careful whom one is helping lest the helped one becomes a big liability.
@sarik1 (4713)
That is right . agree.
@Vennessaa (557)
Have a nice weekend!