Have you ever tried eating Durian?

Indonesia
Durian is like blue cheese. They have strong odors and are offensive to some people. But to people who enjoy them, their odor enhance their flavor which are irresistible to aficionados. The durian fruit has different texture and flavor as it ripens. When it is green, it is hard to the touch, its texture is crunchy like apple and there is little flavor. As it ripens, it gets softer, the texture is softer like green banana, and the taste has a distinct sweetness. When it is ripe, it is soft to the touch, its texture is firmly creamy like ripe banana, and the flavor is heavenly and complex sweet. Past its ripeness, the fruit becomes mushy like custard and the flavor become past-the-prime sweet. Depending on one’s leaning, the durian fan has his/her favorite ripeness. To me, the ripe stage is the best and deserves the title of the king of fruits. I like this fruit a lot. But I can't eat too much of this fruit, because of my high blood pressure. Oh, and I like durian latte too. Have you ever tried eating Durian? P.s. - Photo from google image
@DaddyEvil (53624)
No, although I've wanted to try it for a very long time. I can't buy it in the US, although I've tried. It can't be shipped here unless someone has a business license for shipping them and the person who receives them here must have a distributer's license... Licenses are difficult to come by.
@DaddyEvil I don't know it's hard to get in western country. It's common fruit in my place .
@DaddyEvil (53624)
@Minnimie It's the shipping of it that causes problems here. I've heard it's grown in Florida but can't be shipped out-of-state... I live in Missouri, which is a long way from Florida...
@andreea_v (139)
No, i' ve ner tried it. It isn't imported where I live and I haven't visited yet the countries where it grows :) I would be willing to try it and see if I like it or not. I do like blue cheese and brie and if it resembles to them maybe I would enjoy durian also. I hope one day I will visit a country where it grows naturally and they know how to serve it. Is it used in salads?
@andreea_v I've never seen it used in salad.
@ZedSmart (18898)
It"s so yummy and I'm loving it.
@zeongi (110)
• Ujung Pandang, Indonesia
I've eaten it once. But I really don't like it. I don't like the strong smell either.
I like durian, but can't eat much
I din't like it when I was a child but I like it after I grow up. But since my husband and so don't like durian, besides it is expensive here and therefore I seldom will eat durian today.
@prinzcy (32877)
4h
I love eating durian
7h
Yup...and i like it alot. Many durians in Asia
7h
@CuriousGab (3163)
I have seen it in some Chinese dramas but it is not available where I live
@sharonelton (5403)
• Lichfield, England
No I haven't. It looks disgusting!
@asianlady (2609)
Yes, I loved it. We have plenty of that in the Philippines. They grow in Davao City.