Just A Glance

On our way home, we passed a house and there were a lot of cars in the yard. There was a big porch on the house, and so many people out on it. They looked like they were having such a good time. In the instance of the glance, it reminded me of Thanksgiving gone by, people were free to enjoy themselves, no masks, no social distances. Thought about the freedom, we had and lost. Then further up the same road, we saw a man on the porch, and there was a fire, looked as if his house was on fire, we thought he needed help. But as we glanced closer, looked closer, I think he was trying a turkey. It was mighty close to his house. Hope he will be ok. Hope you all are having a great day, sometimes it is good to take a glance back. .
I am sitting here with Kay and I wish it was under god terms. She is resting and safe so all is good. That man's turkey will be ok.
Yeah, don't want to pass there and his house is gone.
@popciclecold I don't want to see that on here in your post either. I mean the turkey will be ok to taste.
• Rockingham, Australia
Things have changed so much over the last few years and I don't suppose they will ever be quite the same again.
I know, guess you don't know what you have until you lose it.
I have always had to smile seeing people enjoy themselves, I am sure that man knows what he is doing with his turkey, I hope you had a good day,
We did.
How he ended up depends on how badly he singed Thanksgiving dinner and how unhappy his wife was with the result.
It is still discouraging to be socializing here.
@rakski (102925)
Happy Thanksgiving!
Not many are staying distant these days. Glad his house wasn't actually on fire