Was This A Gift For Me?

Happy Thursday Everyone! it's partly sunny (if you're an optimist) or partly cloudy (if you're a pessimist). The temperature is hovering around the freezing mark and I doubt it will get any warmer as the day goes on. When my granddaughter was out Christmas shopping she bought me a few skeins of yarn she thought I would like. I was so excited because she was right...it was a very pretty ombre in grays and blues. The other day she asked me if I had decided what to make with the yarn she gave me. I didn't have anything specific in mind and she said it would make a beautiful scarf. (hint hint) She is going back to college in a few weeks and asked if I would consider using it to make her a scarf. Although she lives off campus she still has a bit of a distance to walk to her classes and probably could use a nice warm scarf for those walks. I'm going to start it today and she'll have it when she goes back. She's just too funny and I should have known there was an ulterior motive when she brought me yarn that she liked and picked out. So she bought me a gift that winds up being a gift for her!! I really love that kid but she can't fool this old grandma.
• Nairobi, Kenya
Wow! She bought you yarn so you can make her a scarf very funny
She would have been disappointed if I had started another project with that yarn
• Nairobi, Kenya
@Marilynda1225 I'm glad you still love her
Crafty grand kid...and crafty grandmother too...lol. What color is it?
The yarn is an ombre in blues and grays. It should look really pretty when it's done. I like ombre yarn because it has subtle changes in the colors and you don't have to stop one color and change to another if you use just solid color yarn.
@Marilynda1225 Sounds lovely
@bunnybon7 (48085)
• Holiday, Florida
How cute. I can just see her now bragging to her friends about her grandma making it for her.
It should be nice and warm for her walks to campus
Yes, more a gift to her
She's a sly one
That's a great kind of gift too, one that keeps on giving.
I hope she'll like it
@Janet357 (75236)
so sweet of her! I think you are sweet to your children and grandchildren too.
I do love my grandkids!! almost as much as coffee
@CarolDM (167906)
• Nashville, Tennessee
How kind, she will treasure the scarf forever.
I hope so
@RubyHawk (49435)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Kids have to try hard to get around grandma.
@moonandstars (52737)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
thi was her plan all along
@RebeccasFarm (56194)
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
It is funny how that happens, I understand Marilyn What a great Grandma you are.
@DocAndersen (54961)
that seems brilliant to me! i have bought my mother fabric. for a specific quilt my wife wanted. so, yeah, I am in favor.
@wolfgirl569 (48899)
• Marion, Ohio
She knew what she was doing
@Dena91 (16691)
I think it is sweet you'll make her a scarf with the yarn she bought for you at Christmastime.
That is a compliment, her great taste in the yarn and your terrific work as a knitter, how could she go wrong?- And she probably wants something to remind her of you when she is far from home.
• Midland, Michigan
At least she was well-intentioned and your don't mind doing that for her. I used to enjoy crocheting but now my thumb joints would scream at me if I tried. Maybe once I quit working I can consider it again
@BarBaraPrz (34624)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Well, she gave you some entertainment, too.
That sounds like a wonderful gift from her to you to her. Enjoy making her scarf. She'll treasure it.
At least she bought you the yarn to make it for her.