A slightly broken heart

@1creekgirl (29593)
When I was 12, my family was transferred from Portsmouth, Virginia to Jersey City, NJ. We went from the suburbs of a small southern town to a large city in the north. I enrolled in Public School 11 in seventh grade and adapted to a totaly different way of life. I felt very shy and geeky, but my small group of friends loved me and my southern accent. Rudy Crosswell was the cutest boy in my class, but he liked me! He wrote me a poem about my ponytail which was so sweet. We lived in a several story apartment building and one afternoon Rudy walked me home from school. We were at the landing between two floors and Rudy gave me my first kiss. It was the only time, but I kind of thought of him as my boyfriend. We lost touch after my family was transferred to California, but a couple of years ago I tried to contact him on FB. I wanted to see how his life had turned out, reminisce about our days in Jersey City, and to tell him I still remember that first kiss. I found out tonight he died in 2018. I know it's probably silly to feel so sad. We only knew each other for two years when we were 12 and 13, but I guess a girl's first kiss will always be a special memory.
• Rockingham, Australia
I don't think it is silly at all. It was a very special time for you. I'm sorry Rudy has passed away.
• Rockingham, Australia
@1creekgirl Isn't that amazing? And a lad I went out with ended up going to university in Thailand and teaching English there.
@1creekgirl (29593)
@JudyEv That's cool!
That's not silly. I'm glad you had that fond memory.
@1creekgirl (29593)
Thanks.
@Dena91 (16714)
Nothing at all silly about learning about the loss of a friend. No matter how long/short time you knew them.
@JimBo452020 (80130)
• Montrose, Scotland
21h
It's not silly to feel sad. That is all I am saying about this. Because I know.....
@1creekgirl (29593)
18h
I was glad to learn he grew up to be such a cool and successful person.
@JimBo452020 (80130)
• Montrose, Scotland
18h
@1creekgirl As you said First Kiss, special
@velvet53 (21604)
• Palisade, Colorado
There is nothing silly about this. He was part of your life and a part that you will always remember.
@1creekgirl (29593)
Thank you for your comment.
@velvet53 (21604)
• Palisade, Colorado
@1creekgirl Life will come together.
@CarolDM (168237)
• Nashville, Tennessee
So sorry. Not silly at all. Those are good memories you have. Forever in your heart.
@1creekgirl (29593)
Those two years in Jersey City were the best teen age years. I learned that Rudy became a world renowned martial arts instructor. There's all kinds of info about him on the internet.
@CarolDM (168237)
• Nashville, Tennessee
@1creekgirl That is so great to know about him.
@Deepizzaguy (60402)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I am sorry to learn that one of your best friends passed away for years ago.
@1creekgirl (29593)
Thank you, George.
@Deepizzaguy (60402)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@1creekgirl You are welcome.
My condolences about the loss of Rudy. The person who gives you your first kiss will always be special to you, no matter what happens. I remember my boyfriend, Bennet, who was crazy about me. I was only 5 years old and Bennet had decided that we would get married. My parents objected strenuously because they figured that I would have 6 or 8 kids. My parents moved us by the time I was 6 years old and I never heard from Bennet again. I do remember he had the softest lips......
@1creekgirl (29593)
What a sweet memory for you.
I am sorry for your first love's passing. What girl doesn't remember her first boyfriend fondly.
@1creekgirl (29593)
Yes, I guess you're right.
@moonandstars (52862)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i am sorry this happened.
@1creekgirl (29593)
Thank you so much.
A girl never forgets her first kiss.
@1creekgirl (29593)
That's true, isn't it.
@FourWalls (38390)
I’m sorry to hear that. It hurts to find out someone you knew passed away a long time ago and not recently. But regardless, it hurts!
@1creekgirl (29593)
I guess he was special because he was my first "boyfriend " and first kiss.