Feeling sick, tire problems, x-rays and more

Monday morning I had an appointment over the phone with the WIC office. Everything is all taken care of now so Friday I can go pick up the card and start getting the baby formula. We are supposed to have a big storm start tonight so most likely I will have to reschedule that. I dropped my car off at the garage yet again to have the tire looked at. It kept going flat and we thought it was the rim but thankfully it was just the valve stem so only a $25 repair. I had to take my son to get tested for coronavirus and thankfully he is negative. Must be just a cold and I’m coming down with it now too. I got the results back from the babies genetic testing and while I can’t go into details I am glad to have the results. Pretty much as I expected them to turn out. It was my stepsons turn to bring the groceries in on Tuesday. He wasn’t careful and just dropped them all down as he carries to many bags in at once. It broke a bottle of iced tea and it poured all over the floor and made such a sticky mess. I cleaned it up and told him to be more careful next time but if it happens again he will have to clean it up! I learned that X-rays cannot see through cloth diapers and the tech learned the same thing. Wednesday I dropped my daughter off at an art group and a woman stopped me to see the baby and said she looks for photos of the baby on Facebook every morning that she is the cutest baby on Facebook. Very sweet of her to say! Today I was supposed to go to the doctor to get the results of my X-ray. I barely slept last night as my husbands phone kept lighting up, I felt sick, the baby vomited twice and kept gagging on phlegm. So I called the doctors to see if I could get a phone appointment instead and they just told me the results. No fractures and no soft tissue swelling. If it gets worse they may do an mri. I’ll wait a few more months and see if the pain goes away. Photo is of the little collection my husband has started.
Cute collection..I hope everyone's condition improves there. It doesn't sound like fun stuff.
@snowy22315 it’s a mild cold my son and I have. The mucus draining in my ears makes it hard to hear though. It draining into my stomach when I was laying down made me nauseous. I thought I was going to vomit then about 10 seconds later heard the baby start vomiting. My husband and I both jumped out of bed and rushed to her.
@shaggin AWW, Melissa on here just posted. She has a baby who has issues as well.
@snowy22315 you mean like with acid reflux or her baby has a cold as well?
@Tina30219 (77635)
• Onaway, Michigan
I hate when kids are to rough with things and break them it sucks. Sounds like he was in a hurry because he did not want to do it. I hope you and son feel better soon . Sorry to hear the baby got sick twice hope she is ok today I hope you get a nap in today or get the chance to go to bed early
@Tina30219 yeah he always rushes to get stuff done so he can get back in his room. I don’t blame him but next time if he isn’t careful and makes a mess bringing in the groceries he will have to clean it up. Baby was fine by morning thankfully.
@Tina30219 (77635)
• Onaway, Michigan
@shaggin Hexk yeah he definitely should be made to clean it up he made the mess not nobody else. Glad she was fine by morning
@Tina30219 I figured he wouldn’t do a very good job and if would all still be sticky so I cleaned it up. He has to learn to be more careful and clean up after himself though so next time I won’t do it for him.
@FayeHazel (39132)
I hope everyone feels better soon ... and that your pain goes away. What a cute collection
@FayeHazel the baby only was sick that night thankfully. My husband has now come down with this cold. I feel a little better today I can breathe easier.
@FayeHazel (39132)
@shaggin Pretty soon everyone will be well again :-)
@FayeHazel my husband is better my son and I are getting there but now the baby has it.
Hmm, wonder what's wrong with you then. Definitely get seen again if it gets worse or doesn't go away. Glad you finally got the babies results, but you know this lol. Ugh, I hate messes. And cars / car problems!
@Courtlynn I don’t think they can see much in an X-ray really. I didn’t think they would find anything but I’ll wait a good long time before bothering to have an mri done.
@shaggin is it at least not hurting much ?
@Courtlynn it hurts if anything touches it, it’s horrible during the night and in the morning. I can’t bear weight on it at all so I have to feed and hold the baby on my right side.
@RebeccasFarm (65437)
How strange they can't see anything in your wrist Shanny..and frustrating too. So sorry I know that it is painful and restricts you somewhat. I had no idea xrays would not go through a cloth diaper I am so sorry you are feeling unwell and your son too and the baby vomitng
@RebeccasFarm thank you it is frustrating and painful hopefully it stops hurting soon it’s been too long as it is. The baby was only sick during the night and has been fine since thankfully.
@shaggin I am so glad the baby is okay now Shanny the little dear xo I wonder what you could take for that pain
@RebeccasFarm I don’t want to take anything. When it was at its worst I didn’t take anything so I can live with this.
@bunnybon7 (51430)
• Holiday, Florida
wow and I thought I had a bad time hope things get better
@bunnybon7 yesterday was worse then this day. Today wasn’t bad though and hopefully tomorrow will be better yet. I will be talking to the doctor tomorrow about the final results from the genetic testing.
@bunnybon7 (51430)
• Holiday, Florida
@shaggin I certainly wish you and your sweet little family lots of good luck.
@bunnybon7 thank you
@Gillygirl (47090)
• Sutton, England
I like the duck collection. I hope you all start to feel better. Thank goodness it isn't the virus
@Gillygirl yes I am so glad it isn’t coronavirus as well. We have had that in our home twice the past 6 months. I thankfully didn’t catch it either time.
@Gillygirl (47090)
• Sutton, England
@shaggin I am glad you didn't catch the virus
@CarolDM (187021)
Love his collection, very unique. Glad you have the WIC all taken care of. I hope your are good with the genetic results. Your baby is a cutie pie for sure. Good results from your x-rays. Thanks for the update and stay say with the storm coming.
@CarolDM one of the things she is only a carrier for is a hearing loss gene. I’m glad she doesn’t have it and is only a carrier. I never knew I was a carrier of that. Interesting things can be learned from genetic tests.
@CarolDM (187021)
@shaggin Yes it is very interesting to learn. Glad she is ok.
@sol_cee (31441)
Are those ducks?
@sol_cee yea made out of wood and the larger on in the center is made out of stone.
@Faster16 (3092)
quack quack, i like ducks, they are cute
@Faster16 real ones are cute but these Knick knacks are just okay.
• Rockingham, Australia
You have a few challenges there at the moment. Hope things improve soon.
@JudyEv thank you. It could always be worse I’ll count my blessings.
Good that it is not the virus,.
@marlina yes definitely!
It sounds like you've got a lot on your plate at the moment, I hope things improve for you soon.
@jaboUK mostly I have a lot on the fuse ball table . I had to take the baby to appointments two days in a row and I can’t get caught up on the laundry so it’s piled the only place I could set it. I feel I will cry if I don’t laugh at the situation instead.
Wow! I hope nothing else happens that you don't want to happen for awhile at least.
@Kandae11 things always seem to go wrong at the worst time.