Is your faith growing or waning?

By Ken
@kanuck1 (3886)
Life has sure changed in the last couple of years. Weather disasters in various places. Economic upheavals affecting many. A world-wide pandemic changed the way of life of many. A war that no sane person wanted. How has all of this affected you? How are you coping? Is your faith in God growing or waning?
@mnglsp (3538)
I can say that my faith in God is growing. Even after all that has happened, even though I lose a lot of people who are very dear to me, I can still feel God's helping hand.
@kanuck1 (3886)
I see that many people hardly think or talk about God these days as if he is not so important. I'm glad to see that your faith is growing. I plan to continue to get closer to God in the very difficult days that we are facing and will continue to face in the days ahead. It seems that things are going to get a lot worse before they get better.
@1creekgirl (31784)
@kanuck1 The Holy Bible predicts that so much of what we're seeing will continue until Christ returns. Born again believers need to draw closer to God and not get discouraged.
@kanuck1 (3886)
@1creekgirl Yes, it seems that all the prophecies in the Bible are coming true, so it is a time to keep our faith strong.
This is a very subjective topic. I think the world has grown too old, and some stranger things are perhaps due to that.
@kanuck1 (3886)
What have you noticed in the people in your area? Do you see them getting closer to God or are they losing faith because of recent events?
@kanuck1 I am none too sure, because I am an open minded person. I see some faith restored (if I'm right) while others are more focused on everyday happenings of the world.
@kanuck1 (3886)
@ihasaquestion Thanks for expressing your observations. Could you explain a bit more on the expression "I think the world has grown too old"?
• Dallas, Texas
My faith is growing every day. I have been going to mass and reading the Bible more than ever. I pray for others who are suffering hardship. Spend time visiting my brother in Hospice care. I look after my wife and keep watch over her 24/7. I have given up meat for the indefinite future. Peace to you and may God protect us all from the forces of evil which are at war with all that is good on this earth.
@kanuck1 (3886)
Thanks for your good wishes and hope the same for you and your family! I'm glad to see that your faith is growing in spite of the many challenges. What have you noticed with other people that you know?
@solidcodes (1033)
Life is like a roller coaster. It's part of flife.
@kanuck1 (3886)
Yes, there are ups and downs but these days some have the power to ruin the earth terribly and so it won't be too long before God intervenes and changes things for the better.
@arunima25 (74004)
• Bangalore, India
I am holding on to my faith strong and firm as I was before.
@kanuck1 (3886)
As things get worse and we get closer to the time that God will act, it is the best thing to do.
Mine grows stronger every day.
@kanuck1 (3886)
Nice to hear that!
@dgobucks226 (30282)
This is just life. There have always been disasters even going back to Adam's fateful decision with the apple which created our imperfect world. God watches over us and listens to our prayers but does not alter what happens here on earth. Those who believe in God's plan will be rewarded. Being here on earth is just a dress rehearsal to what is to come in God's kingdom for those who have faith...
@kanuck1 (3886)
Yes, Jesus also gave us some signs or indications to look for that would alert us to the closeness of God's kingdom coming and it seems that the alarm is getting louder. We will continue to keep on the watch and stay awake (spiritually speaking).
@dgobucks226 (30282)
@kanuck1 Yes, we seem to be living in a world of confusion these days. And dangerously so...
@kanuck1 (3886)
@dgobucks226 Yes, there is a lot of confusion and the world in general is being distracted and kept busy with petty things instead of the real issues. Life on planet earth is facing extinction and the planet is being ruined and few care. Thankfully, the God who created this beautiful planet and the wonderful life on it will soon do something dramatic to change things for the better. Hallelujah!