A bittersweet occasion

@1creekgirl (31268)
Today's the day Kristin has dreamed about for thirty two years. The weather is perfect and the rehearsal dinner last night was wonderful. It was at High Cotton in downtown Charleston, SC. Lots of beautiful people (many college and work friends of Kristin and Dave), plus family members. His parents and family are really nice...enjoyed meeting them. Sadly though, Dale's sister Faye passed away late Wednesday night while we were at Tammy's. Even though we knew she was recently diagnosed with lung cancer, we were told it was the treatable kind. Then it came as such a shock that she died. I think she probably had cancer much longer than she realized or than she let anyone know. Dale is understandably upset, but we're not telling Kristin until after their honeymoon. We're trying to enjoy the celebration, especially since Dale is walking her down the aisle and will have the father/daughter dance with her. We decided to skip the brunch tomorrow and drive to Arkansas from here. Thank you again for your prayers for Faye and your wonderful wishes for Kristin and Dave. I'll post some photos soon. Love you guys.
The photo at the top shows that you're a pastor. Did you marry them?
@1creekgirl (31268)
No, I was singing a special in our church service. My husband was preaching that day. Legally he could marry our granddaughter and her fiance, but he's walking her down the aisle in place of her father.
@1creekgirl Thanks for the answer.
@Gillygirl (47074)
• Sutton, England
I am so sorry about Faye. Congrats to Kristin and Dave
@LindaOHio (91367)
I'm so sorry about Faye. Sending condolences and prayers. Congratulations to Kristin.
• Israel
@1creekgirl I am so so sorry what happened. She probably did have it longer and probably did not want to worry anyone but she anyway. I guess I have not been here enough to see your posts. Take care. Congrats to Kristin and Dave.
@oahuwriter (22497)
Yes, good idea, not letting Kristen know, yet, but, to me, it'll be better knowing, so she can pay her respects. But it's up to the family though.
My deepest condolences for your loss especially at this time.
@RubyHawk (58961)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I’m so sorry. The family has my sympathy.
My heart goes out to you and your hubby. Such a bittersweet day. In the end I am sure that you will both be glad that you kept this information to yourselves until after the newlyweds return home from their honeymoon.
@CarolDM (182031)
I know you are doing the right thing. I hope today goes beautifully. Sorry to hear about the loss so soon.
@xFiacre (10477)
@1creekgirl There's never a good time. Blessings.
@moonandstars (57629)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
5h
life really sucks. so sorry. i think it's wise not telling her.