Broke a Sweat Doing Chores

By Arya
@yoalldudes (31672)
I'm just happy to be back on my laptop after backbreaking cleaning LOL. Cleaned the entire kitchen and sweeped the floor of dripping water (yes I know its 2022 its still not fixed, we are thinking of moving to another house, we'll see) Yesterday, it was my niece's birthday; she turned 9. I gave her a box with stationery, stickers, pen and chocolates. Something to make kid's life more fun and memorable. She and her sister brought us food so except for snack I didnt spend anything yesterday. We ate leftover from the previous day, and my partner cooked squid with vermicelli pasta. I'm just chillin' here and organizing some stuff. here and there. I'm happy this way. Been watching episodes of Black Mirror they are interesting but kind of disturbing sometimes so I took a break from that as well. Enjoy the rest of the weekends, myLotters youre all awesome whatever your unique lot in life is.
@rsa101 (34489)
Looks like a very busy day for you. I did my aquarium weekly maintenance. Yesterday, I met my sister that came home last Friday night from NY. My family and I visited her rented condo and did some catching up after a very long time not seeing each other. She fly back to our province early this morning to meet my father and from there she will spend some to meet her friends there and by the 20th will be having a trip to Palawan with her friends.
@yoalldudes (31672)
Wow sounds like fun. Arent you going to tag along or do you have a separate outing.
@rsa101 (34489)
@yoalldudes unfortunately, I cannot at this time since I have lots of work to do. So she and her friends would be the one to do that.
@yoalldudes (31672)
@rsa101 Your work is really getting in the way of your leisure
@aninditasen (6013)
• Raurkela, India
Wishing your niece a very happy birthday. I understand it's very difficult to adjust in a rented house. Even I have faced the same problem. We'll of late I am not facing these leaking problem in my own house but don't really know what's going to happen in the rainy season when there is water logging. Water entered my house once.
@yoalldudes (31672)
I think we will be able to decide once my daughter is off to college. She will be moving to the city. I hope you are able to find a good solution to yours so we will be free of the stress it brings.
• Raurkela, India
@yoalldudes I think the municipality has as it has started building a deep drain. Hope they complete it before the rainy season.
@yoalldudes (31672)
@aninditasen Glad there is a solution on the way.
@arunima25 (74244)
• Bangalore, India
Birthday wishes for your niece. God bless her with health and happiness.. You sound in a good mood. I have been on a deep cleaning mode in the last few days. Took a weekend break. I will resume it tomorrow
@yoalldudes (31672)
Thank you for the birthday wishes. Seems I am not alone. I was inspired by Sadhguru about something like Vassstu.
@arunima25 (74244)
• Bangalore, India
@yoalldudes Oh! I see. You really seem to admire Sadhguru and follow him. I try to keep decluttering, cleaning and organizing my house frequently. It's just that I feel more positive energy flowing through me and more clarity in my thoughts and work when the surroundings are clean and well organised.
@yoalldudes (31672)
@arunima25 It feels good right. Seems how our things and surroundings also affect us. And I agree because I observe it in daily life.
Happy birthday to your niece, yesterday it was also my husband's birthday.
@yoalldudes (31672)
Thank you. Happy Birthday to him
@yoalldudes Thank you, h turned 76.
@yoalldudes (31672)
@LadyDuck He is blessed and may he be blessed with more birthdays to come.
@averygirl72 (31798)
I'm glad to know about your day. I think I have a stressful week but I am positive this new week will be a lot better
@yoalldudes (31672)
Take a little break to ease off the stress.
@averygirl72 (31798)
@yoalldudes True. I relax this Friday as all day seems stressful for me
@yoalldudes (31672)
@averygirl72 Good idea to unwind after a productive day.
@oahuwriter (23490)
Aww, thanks! You got lots done. I'm feeling lazy under a cloud filled day. Expecting rain till Tuesday. I need a couple sunny days to complete an application and get docs for it but, not due until end of June. Hope your water problem get fixed! Cost lots to move.
@yoalldudes (31672)
I would also love to be under the blanket with a good book and cup of coffee and some snacks.
@oahuwriter (23490)
@Hytton03 (5589)
Belated happy birthday to your niece. I hope your done organizing your things. Enjoy your nights.
@yoalldudes (31672)
Not really, I like to putter and plan.
@Hytton03 (5589)
@yoalldudes ok good luck.
@Kosgey (1679)
I am also wishing your niece happy birthday as she turn 9.
@yoalldudes (31672)
Thank you.
@Kosgey (1679)
@yoalldudes You are highly welcome
Did you have A/C on?
@yoalldudes (31672)
We don't have AC. It is very cool in our house because of the native materials for rooofing.
@sarik1 (5597)
Happy birthday to your niece .god bless her.
@yoalldudes (31672)
Thank you. Amen.
@Sojourn (13214)
You are an awesome person too. Despite the hardships, you celebrate your life, do all chores diligently, and don't forget to greet mylotters.
@yoalldudes (31672)
Thank you for the kind words.I need those. I can sense that you too is a good person.