What Age Do You Want to Go Back to if Given the Chance?

By Arya
@yoalldudes (32591)
I'm only 43 and I would say I am happy as I am and looking ahead. But looking back here's what I remember 6 years old to 12 years - Fun fun fun playing with friends 13-16 - Alienated from friends, cast out, pressured to be top 1 in class 17-22 - Freedom! One of the best years of my life. University is intellectually stimulating. Got a cool peer group and professors. 23-39 - Local travels with partner, daughter, family and officemates. Constant unhappiness due to regret and feeling like a failure comparing myself to others. 40-42 - Came across minimalism and financial independence retire early. . Finding myself. New mindset making me feel empowered. Relationship on an a downward spiral. I will be 43 this September. Life is good. I hope God bless us with good long life.
@luisga814 (4347)
• Quezon City, Philippines
That's a cool timeframe of yours. I'm going 45 this August 14. And I'm looking forward with good health in order to assist my kids to have a better life.
@yoalldudes (32591)
Advanced happy birthday to you. Thinking about your kids is a noble thing. But I think you also have to think of what makes you feel happy and fulfilled personally.
@luisga814 (4347)
• Quezon City, Philippines
@yoalldudes Yes. I'm thinking also for myself.
@yoalldudes (32591)
@luisga814 That is good to know
40-50 would be good , although Id like to go back to 14 if only to punch someone on the nose lol
@yoalldudes (32591)
Ha ha I understand what you mean. I'm glad you chose those years because I'm in my 40s.
@yoalldudes to be honest its when I looked my best in my opinion and also had most confidense to not be too bothered about what people say although I still do to some extent
@yoalldudes (32591)
@58lordstreet I'm not fortunate enough to have that time I can call my peak years.
@rsa101 (35093)
Interesting question, but I think I would like to go back in my childhood years since I feel like I was too stiff and never really enjoyed my childhood since I was too shy/afraid of everything. I would like to change that part of me and should have learned to be more child-like back then playful, carefree, and not worrying about anything.
@yoalldudes (32591)
Yes children should have time to play and be carefree. Unfortunately, these days they are glued to the screen instead of playing ball or hide and seek with playmates.
@rsa101 (35093)
@yoalldudes I have no idea why I began to worry at an early age. Now I understand that the majority of my earlier worries were unfounded in comparison to my current concerns. If I had chosen to live that way, though, life would have been lot simpler.
@yoalldudes (32591)
@rsa101 We have several years ahead of us to enjoy so cheers!
@LindaOHio (98943)
I would choose 21 after I moved away from home. Some of the best times of my life.
@yoalldudes (32591)
Aww that must have been so awesome. That is something I never experience which I wish I did. Im happy for you.
@sjvg1976 (34949)
I would like to go back to the age of 5-6 years when I had no responsibilities and had lots of friends to play with..
@gtdoss (213)
I think I would go back to when I was 18 or so. There's so much I would do differently in my life, and I would enjoy my life more as a young person. However, I would want everything to eventually turn out the same since I have a husband and two grown sons, LOL!