Fear of Home Invasion

By Arya
@yoalldudes (32656)
This has been the atmosphere in our community. There are many houses that have been robbed. The authorities are looking for these people but still not caught and at large. Now I wish I had a gun. I dont recall if it is 8mm or 9mm which can only injure but not kill. Would you pretend you are asleep if such people would break into your house. Or would you call the police and in the meantime fight them in close combat?
So you will injure the intruder and they would kill you... bad idea!
@yoalldudes (32656)
It is something like incapacitate. But yes you are right. I just have a difficulty getting around killing another human being. But yes it is a matter of survival and I think the rules have changed.
@yoalldudes Self defense is not allowed here in Europe, if you shot someone and you kill the person you go to jail, it does not matter if the person was an intruder. You must call the police.
@yoalldudes (32656)
9h
@LadyDuck Woah first time I heard of such a thing.
@arunima25 (74911)
• Bangalore, India
This all sounds scary. I would access the situation well and then take the call. Our safety and that of family members comes as priority for everyone..I do feel that I might be so scared that my brain freezes to take any sensible action. Please take care and stay safe.
@yoalldudes (32656)
We are preparing how we would fight. But of course that is last recourse. We have 2 dogs but one is just a growing puppy
@arunima25 (74911)
• Bangalore, India
@yoalldudes Dogs are good if you have some that are fierce. But then if these people have weapons, dogs can also become victims. . The local administration and police has to be on their toes to keep the public safe. Any personal preparation would not be fullproof against them.
@yoalldudes (32656)
9h
@arunima25 My daughter says she will protect her puppy. I told her its the other way around.
@moonandstars (60575)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
well, i hope this won't happen to you. my flat is on the the 5th floor of the older building, no elevator and i hope noone plans to rob me.
@yoalldudes (32656)
Before they reach 5th floor they would be running out of breath. Dont let them rest and regain energy
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@yoalldudes i am out of breathe too. thank you
@yoalldudes (32656)
9h
@LindaOHio (99276)
How terrible! I don't know what I would do. It would depend on how many there were.
@yoalldudes (32656)
Now that scares me even more like what if there were 3 of them
@LindaOHio (99276)
@yoalldudes That would be horrible.
@VivaLaDani13 (56215)
• Perth, Australia
@yoalldudes Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry this has been happening so close to home. That would put me in such fear too. Good question! I feel I would make whatever effort I could to call the police as soon as possible. I feel I wouldn't be able to lay there pretending as I would be worried about my other family members in the house. I have thought a lot about keeping my baseball bat or something else heavier in my room just in case to strike them in the head. (vicious I know but I'd rather them be knocked out and taken away to the cops than them getting away with it and worried about them coming back).
@yoalldudes (32656)
I do hope I have a baseball bat as well. Im not sure Im strong enough to knock them unconscious though. If you have seen the Tangled cartoon movie, she used a sauce pan
@Scrapper88 (5003)
Have you considered getting a large dog to keep inside your house.
@yoalldudes (32656)
Oh hi I wish I have a german shepherd.
@RebeccasFarm (67175)
I am so sorry you are suffering this now. You are right to be aware and plan what your actions will be.
@yoalldudes (32656)
Mostly it is prayer. And being prepared.