It Be Storming

Peoria, Arizona
I went to go for a nap after dinner, I wasn't exactly tired, but getting adjusted to a new medication, I thought I should rest as much as possible. Well, that nap was cut short because it started storming First it was really really wind which I might have been able to sleep past, maybe, but then it started to pour down rain My mom came into my room about an hour later after it was still raining to tell me that she wasn't caught by surprise with the rain because she saw a weather forecast saying that it was going to be "pouring buckets" today here. For once the weather forecast was right because it was raining buckets...goodness sakes. I think it has calmed down with the rain, but it is still kinda windy and it is thundering, My power has serged like twice...so...I hope the power doesn't go out. I am charging my phone just in case it does.
@sjvg1976 (37814)
Power failure is normal here in such weather. Yes, that's a good decision to charge your mobile phone when you know there can be a power cut.
• Peoria, Arizona
It doesn't happen often in my area of the city, but during monsoon season just never know
@sjvg1976 (37814)
@DesirousDreamer same here, we also have such issues during storms mainly.
• Peoria, Arizona
@sjvg1976 A few weeks ago our power went out and it wasn't even storming, it was out for about an hour, it was one heck of a way to spend the first hour of my 27th birthday haha
@Adie04 (14314)
To be honest, I need storm here too. Too hot this week.
• Peoria, Arizona
We haven't had that many really really hot days, we had one REALLY bad week, but other than that this summer has been very nice.
• Peoria, Arizona
@Adie04 It has been a nice reprieve than the last few years that were so bad haha
@Adie04 (14314)
@DesirousDreamer Glad to hear that you enjoyed the current season there.
@Nakitakona (52566)
As of this writing, I'm still on my bed when a "buckets of rains keep on pouring on our roofs. It's past 7 in the morning here.
@Beestring (5900)
Yes, heavy rain and storm may affect signals and electricity. Here, we had thunderstorm and heavy rain a week ago. My place was out of electricity for half an hour.
• Peoria, Arizona
Yeah, we never know if the power will go out or not, but I have a candle handy just in case haha
@Beestring (5900)
@DesirousDreamer I have a candle and a torch.