I woke up too early. Remembering my family.

Chile
And as time went by, I grew hungry. And, different from my house, there was no heater and all the pots were dirty (Diego´s job). He refuses to use the dish washer but he also refuses to clean at least a small pot so that I can boil water in the morning for my tea. Today, as I went into his room (which is also the kitchen and living-dining room) he asked me if I could give him 30 minutes more. Sure I said before discovering the mess. And after looking, I could not do anything. Friends! I´m happy that I´m old and my daughters have grown up! I´m happy that i did not have sons (years ago in my country, only daughters helped at home, boys did not do anything). And I´m happy that I can still live alone. When I go to Claudia´s home, I have to stop myself from picking up a mop. Claudia would be mad at me. And for years her walls were full of Sofía´s paintings. I don´t know if she still does it at 12 years of age. But some years ago, Claudia came to visit me with Sofía. I ran upstairs (then I could do it) and brought paper and crayons. Claudia was shocked! Don´t, she said. She will paint your walls. I asked Sofía if she would do that. No, she replied. Why, I asked again. Because you would be mad. End of the chapter. Except that I made fun of Claudia Even dogs KNOW. Luna never gets into my room. But if Sofía comes and Luna finds out that I´m in another room, she might get inside to play. I´m missing my brats, friends (now middle aged women). Today Tania sent a message from Spain that today was Felipe´s civil wedding. I don´t know how many others there will be. I´ll enclose a picture of Felipe and his fiancee.
@TheSojourner (55336)
That is a lovely photograph of the two of them. Probably the favorite I've ever seen.
Between you and me, he is my favorite grandson.
@TheSojourner Maybe if we go to Andalucía and they are there.
@marguicha I won't tell anyone! Unless I meet him and I might tell him that.
Until 1975 in Italy you needed to have the "Civil Marriage" first and then you could have the marriage in Church. Now can have only the civil or only in Church, that is a lot easier. I had my Civil Marriage 7 days before the nice wedding in Church.
I had my civil marriage the day before my church wedding. My father had to give his concent because I was 18 and at that time in my country, you were still a minor.
@LadyDuck We were babies And I felt I was so grown up.
@marguicha I was 20 and my father also had to come with me and give his consent as the legal age was 21 in Italy back in time.
I made sure Kay was stocked with paper and other goods but one wall was painted with chalk paint. That was her chalk board nothing else.
Claudia did that with Sofía, but she did not set limits.
@sharon6345 I could not live with her although I know she is a loving mother and a hardworking person. But there are things that I simply do not accept and the children know it. Sofía DID know that she could mess the walls in her house but not in mine.
@marguicha I would not function in her home. I am glad over all they are well.
What an incredibly lovely couple they compliment each other so well I wish them all the very best and many years of love and happiness
Thank you. They are both musicians and they told me that their love story started by their love of music.
@RasmaSandra It is wonderful to share something with our loved ones.
@marguicha guess that is why Martin and I had a double kind of love we both shared and enjoyed English and Latvian music as they say double the pleasure and double the fun.
@LindaOHio (103639)
If I had to live with someone who didn't do his share, I couldn't get home fast enough. I really feel sorry for you. You will be home soon. Enjoy the rest of the time you have in this beautiful country. Congratulations to Felipe and his fiancee.
I want to go back home now. And I´ll have to think what I will do with Aruba and my timeshare. It can also be rented. I might do that too.
@LindaOHio That does not apply for a timeshare. A great part of the rent will be paid in what is called maintenance. I will probably rent the week in US$ 1.000 and pocket not much more than US $ 200. But the apartment will be cleaned except for the dishes and pots. And I can ask for a fore payment to give back if the people I rent the apartment don´t break anything.
@LindaOHio (103639)
@marguicha The only problem with a rental is that you can't keep an eye on the place to see how they leave it, etc.
@Rashnag (28842)
• Surat, India
Glad to know about your life update. Hope you are enjoying few days left in Aruba. Have a good day. Take care
We are traveling back tomorrow.
@Rashnag I´m home now.
@Rashnag (28842)
• Surat, India
@marguicha ok dear. Have a safe journey
@wolfgirl569 (61136)
• Marion, Ohio
Kids and animals know who will let them get by with stuff and who wont. Congrats to Felipe.
Thank you! Negor wants to start a family so I might even become a great grandmother some day
@sol_cee (32530)
Such a beautiful couple!
And they love each other very much.
@franxav (13098)
I pray and wish the Loving God's blessings on you, marguicha.
Thank you very much.
I have been thinking of family also.
My family is very important to me
@CarolDM (192255)
Good news about Felipe´. I miss my family and they are all gone. Beautiful photo.
Thank you
@CarolDM (192255)
@marguicha You are so welcome.