Cupcake attempt take 2

I wanted to try a new recipe over the weekend but somehow I measured the liquid ingredients incorrectly and the whole thing was an unsalvagable mess. I dumped it out and figured I'd try again this week. So that is what I am doing right now. The recipe is for strawberry coconut cupcakes. The cupcakes themselves are a vanilla cake with shredded coconut. The icing is a strawberry buttercream and then you sprinkle toasted coconut on top. I like strawberry and love all things coconut so I am interested to see how the flavors go together. The batter is mixed, in muffin cups, and baking in the oven for about 30 minutes. I will deal with dinner when they are done and then do the strawberry buttercream and toasted coconut after that. I will bring them in to work tomorrow and leave them in the faculty room for my coworkers to enjoy. They like when I bake.
Oh my gosh those sound delicious
CouldnĀ“t you turn the "mess" into pancakes? The word unsalvagable saddens me.
@NJChicaa From what you wrote, probably the only problem was too much liquid.
It never occurred to me.
@TheSojourner (62717)
It's a good thing I am not close in miles. You'd make life difficult for me! LOL
I wish you were. We'd have so much fun!
@NJChicaa we would definitely have fun. I'd be big as a house, but we'd have fun. You'd just need to find a wheel barrow to move me from location to location.
Best of luck to you and I hope the cupcakes come out great, They sure sound delicious,
@spiderdust (13888)
• San Jose, California
I'm glad the batter went better this time around! I wonder what was mismeasured last time?
@LindaOHio (114177)
They will turn out great; and your coworkers will love them.
@kobesbuddy (144427)
• East Tawas, Michigan
OH my gosh, the faculty members will really enjoy these cupcakes! Coconut is also very decorative, Mom quite often used it to beautify cakes and cookies.