What's for dinner? November 30

What's going on the dinner table tonight? Share with us! I'm making homemade pizza--specifically the Angry Grandma pizza from the newest Smitten Kitchen cookbook. I had planned to make it last night and *did* make the dough but then I lost my momentum and decided to make it tonight. Grandma pizza is a style (at least around here) that is a square pizza with a thinner than normal crust (but not super thin). I honestly don't know what else is different about it other than the shape. The recipe calls for topping it with black olives, red onion, and pepperoni. I'm just using the pepperoni. I think the "angry" part refers to the addition of red pepper flakes to make it a bit spicy. That's what is happening here. What are YOU having tonight? I want to know!
@Blondie2222 (28951)
Pizza sounds pretty good, I haven't had that in awhile. I had white rice for dinner & then had some ice cream for dessert.
@Blondie2222 (28951)
@NJChicaa Yup it filled me up quickly.
Just white rice?!?!?
@TheSojourner (62536)
That sounds so good, Jill. I will have leftover, most likely. I have a portion of what we ate last night, and then I sent half of the rest home with RGD. I'll eat that last bit with salad.
RGD is a lucky guy to get all of that amazing food you share with him.
@NJChicaa He's a good one for leftovers. Me? Not so much. But, I opened up a jar of tomato soup that I had made. That's what we had for a light lunch today. I gave him the last of it, even though I loved it. He's a big homemade tomato soup fan. I was glad to give it to him. I can figure out other things.
@kobesbuddy (160268)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Oh my goodness I can almost smell your delectable pizza, wafting through the air! Yummy:) Jay's making turkey enchiladas, I guess. I hear a clanging noise, coming from the kitchen!
@spiderdust (13718)
• San Jose, California
I found an article about grandma pizza on Wikipedia after reading your post about it yesterday. Apparently it's what grandmas made when they immigrated to the United States, and the square/rectangle shape is because they used sheet pans in a standard kitchen oven to make their pizzas because they didn't have access to a pizza oven.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandma_pizza
@spiderdust (13718)
• San Jose, California
Oh, and we're having roast chicken thighs. I haven't decided how I'm seasoning them yet, but I should probably get them started.
@LindaOHio (114862)
I had leftover chicken tenders and fries from Arby's. meh