The cleaning lady is coming tomorrow

She usually comes every other Monday but I didn't hear from her until last night. She wanted to know if she could come either this afternoon or tomorrow around noon. I didn't have any cash on hand and didn't feel like going out so I told her to come tomorrow. I will just leave the door unlocked for her andt hen get the cash on my way back here after work. She spends at least 3 hours here so I will be here long before she is finished. I am fine with leaving the door unlocked. I live on the 3rd floor and no one is coming up here to try to steal anything. I also don't have anything particularly worth stealing. It is always nice to get back from work to a nice clean living space.
@TheSojourner (62536)
I really need to think about hiring someone to come in here and help me clear this out. And then to keep it clean. I hate cleaning. There's a major reason for that, but haven't told that story yet. It's painful.
@NJChicaa She sounds lovely. I am trying to find someone who specializes in decluttering. I don't need an organizer, per se, but I need someone here to keep me focused. THEN, I'll hire a housecleaner, after the fact.
Well you know I love you and I am willing to hear it if/when you are ready to tell it. I found someone on Angi (used to be Angi's List) and eventually we just worked it out between us so it was cheaper for me without the fees going to the company and she got more of the $$ for her work. $100 for 3 hours (sometimes up to 4) is a price I'm okay with. Sometimes she folds my clothes and towels. (long story) She always changes out and cleans the litter box which is not something I ever expected her to do. She takes out the garbage and the recycles. Sometimes she takes out some of the mountain of empty cardboard boxes from online orders. Some weeks she washes the windows. She kind of alternates where her "extra" time is focused. I always appreciate whatever she does as that means I don't have to do it. She also is happy to take some extra food in the fridge or freezer off of my hands.
@kaylachan (41634)
I hope it works out well, and your cats don't dart out the door.
@kaylachan (41634)
@NJChicaa That's good to know.
Nah. She knows to watch out for Charlie.
You are luck to be able to have a cleaning lady. My cats have turned this place upside down but I will work on it over the weekend,
@Deepizzaguy (77582)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I would be concerned about leaving a door open since a crook will see it as an invitation to help himself to some items that do not belong to them. I do agree with you that a clean home will make anyone happy.
@Deepizzaguy (77582)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@NJChicaa That is good to know.
I'm not worried about it. No one is going to walk up 2 flights of stairs and past 4 Ring door cameras to steal like a Roomba or an old laptop.
@kobesbuddy (160283)
• East Tawas, Michigan
That's wonderful you have someone dependable, to clean your apartment. It makes your life a lot simpler, not being burdened with the jobs of vacuuming and dusting.
I'm in a 2 bedroom apartment and I keep the door to one of them closed because it is basically just a storage space filled with boxes and a bookshelf. I could clean this place myself but it just isn't something that I like to do. I will cook from scratch all day long and I will tutor for hours after I have already worked my day but I just cannot be bothered to clean. It has never been something that have enjoyed or been good at. I made an extra $120 this week alone in tutoring. That covers the cleaning lady.
@kobesbuddy (160283)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@NJChicaa And you are entitled to having a cleaning lady:) Mom had me come to help her clean, while she was still working at the Court House.
@LindaOHio (114862)
It's good that you have someone you can trust.
@Blondie2222 (28951)
That's nice you have someone to clean for you, I wish I had a maid to clean for me. When I'm home from work I'm too tired & don't want to do anything so I just clean on my days off.
@db20747 (41597)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
How nice that must be!! I'm thinking of hiring a friend to help me out , but that will be a disaster. She's picky about what she does. No baseboards etc. It seems A maid is an angel from heaven. Especially when youre tired as a doornail.