Have You Broken a Chair?

Have you ever sat on a chair and broke it? Were you overweight at the time, or did the chair just fail?
@sbeauty (5870)
My story isn't about me. It's about a high school student I had in class at one time. He was a boy who seldom came to school, and he never said much. He was severely overweight. He was in my reading group. We were all sitting around a table working on our reading when he went crashing to the floor. The chair lay in several pieces, and the boy looked like he wished he could fall through the floor. I tried to make light of the situation by reminding the students that this wasn't the first one of the old chairs that had fallen apart. However, kids will be kids, and a lot of furtive smirking continued. That poor boy left class that day and never returned to school.
My goodness would you blame him. I would have been on the floor. I have the hardest time holding in a laugh. My mom has always hated this. She say ( girl one day somebody is going to beat your azz) I tell her I can not bea assaulted for laughing. and If tthey did I would lay on the floor. And press full charges.
@ossie16d (11826)
I personally have never sat in a chair that has broken under me thankfully but once when we were out, we were offered these really flimsy chairs to sit on. We chose to stand and when one of them broke under someone else, I was oh so thankful I had spared myself that embarrassment. :)
LOLOLOLOLOLLOL I love this posters question. All the funny stories
@getjimmy (2245)
yes it had happened with me.During my childhood days once i tried to sat on plastic chair and it got broket.one of d funniest time of my life.
@dellion (6706)
:)....Can imagine that:)
@lsen06 (5000)
yes. one
no i did not this type of work.
@Aali311 (6126)
No, it never happened to me, never broke a chair.
this is so funny to see posted. My daughter broke my freakin rocking chair. I am so pissed with her. Only because I got it all beat up. from a neighbors porch when they moved. I cleaned that chair cushions,painted it and all. People would ask where I bought it. when I pointed to wear I bought it LOL,They was like :O
@borg_queen (2535)
Yes. One was an old office chair that was occupied by me and a larger kid when I was a kid. The others were plastic stools. The really low kind.
@Nivedha (619)
nope
yes, i've broken a chair before. i wasn't too happy about it either, since the chair is an antique:(
no
@dellion (6706)
The chair been too old on its age:)
@antoisra (821)
• Sri Lanka
Haha, once I fell after getting up from the toilet chair and it broke :P I was a bit overweight then, not much though :P
@fonofun (888)
not yet but seeing forward to broke one dude lol....
@zubair439 (3185)
nah ! i never broke it or fall down....
i have broken a chair..the chair simpy failed at that time...
@bhbirdie6 (1771)
I've never broken a chair but I've seen people who have and I've seen it happen. It's actually pretty funny. I saw this one guy (huge, not fat but just very tall and very muscular) sit into this ITTY-BITTY chair and it just collapsed under him. It was really funny.
nah never...hope it wont happen in future also!
I have never broken a chair when I sat on it. which I am glad because I dont want my butt to hurt when I hit the floor :)
Nope, I've never broken a chair. I'm innocent of all counts, and genuinely this time.