Living with chronic pain, a cross one must bear?

@Bee1955 (3885)
Having MS, diabetes and lower spine deterioration leaves little time without something heating up, cracking, popping, stretching the wrong way or pulling. I am on pain killers daily and have tried a few homopathic medicines as well. Ive also tried physical therapies, massages, special baths, aromatherapy, yoga, meditation, chiropractors, acqupuncture and prayer and praying rituals. Somne work, many wasted my time. Any more suggestions (LOL)? How do you control your chronic condition(s)?
I take mega doses of vitamin B-6 on advice of both the doctor and the chiropractor--if they both agree, there must be something to it. The first two weeks I took 400 mg. daily, divided as it is a water soluable vitamin. Reduced to 200 per day, which is still very high dose. I can, when I am taking good care otherwise, take just 100 mg. daily. Check with the doctor, though, and see what he thinks. I do not know if this affects diabetes. I also was recommended, by my doctor, to use a topical cream with casaicin oil in it. That is an oil from hot peppers. The original one was Zostrix. I would talk to the pharmacist. Probably use a mild concentration because the neuropathy of diabetes might prevent you from knowing if it was hurting your skin. This cream will feel hot on the skin, like a sunburn sort of. If you get some, and find you need to remove it, cooking oil is what is recommended, before soap and water. I use gloves when I put it on so that I do not get it on my hands and get it in my eyes or something. Or I will put it on a folded paper towel or gauze square to rub it on sore and affected areas. Hope this helps some. Lots of people on this forum are very sympathetic and helpful.
@Bee1955 (3885)
Thanks for our input. Unfortunately, my diabetic neuropathy does exclude me from using those oils.
@estherlou (5017)
My problem is not nearly as bad as yours, but the chronic pain from arthritis and osteoarthritis is frustrating also. I can take several pain pills and it will just take the edge off...and I have to do that 2 or 3 times a day.
@Bee1955 (3885)
Taking any meds several times a day for so little relief is depressing. I have to take anti-depressants for that, even!
@lonewolfnan (4367)
I really have no suggestions for you other then don't give up!My g/f has RSD which limits her abilities as well and we have to work around her condition of the day.The doctors ATTEMPT to control the pain thru various meds,but often the side effects are bad as well.
@Bee1955 (3885)
Oh believe you me, sometimes the relief is worse than the disease! Side effects are the pits!