What makes a parent a good one?

I'm studying and providing for my kids and I get really tired but I try my best to have quality time with them, but sometimes it seems it's not enough... what do you think?
It is really difficult to have quality time with your kids if you have your own interest to think about. I suppose explaining the situation to your kids would help a lot. Kids are not sutpid they know when you are doing your best for their own interest.
@stacyv81 (5904)
A good parent spends quality time with there kids. There is no marked amount of quality time, just make sure you make the best of the time you have, Play with them let them know you love them, be there for them, provide a safe, comfortable, and happy home, teach them and provide for them that is my definition of a good parent. Sounds like you are doing a good job.
@imadriscoll (2230)
I think that at every opportunity you need to make time for your children. This might mean not studying as much and settling for an A- instead of an A. I think that it sounds like you're trying to better yourself and your situation and I hope that's because it will be a better life for your children and not because you want more shoes in your closet (not saying that is the case). If they're old enough perhaps you could incorporate them into your studies ... they could hold flash cards for you? Or quiz you? I think that if you love them and spend as much of your free time with them as possible that you will do fine, but remember when you had your children you decided that you would care for the life of another ... and that means being self-sacrificing and going the extra mile for them.
@nyka08 (411)
if you really have a lot of things to do, i guess it's understandable if you're not able to spend too much time with them, as long as you're trying to. if you're able to explain to your kids why you're not able to spend time with them, i believe that they would certainly understand. i can see that you truly love your children and would do anything for their happiness. anyway, as long as you try to make your children feel loved and cared for the best way you can, i think that your children will love you the same way you love them.