why do girls always hide their age, but guys do not?

@hirals (1736)
It doesn't matter you live here, or there, wherever you live, if you ask age of a girl who is 20, she'll tell you she's 16-17 but you won't find guys telling lie about their age, they simply tell the truth Hence i want to ask why girls always lie about their age? to attract boys?
@judyt00 (3501)
When they get to be 40, men sater lieing about their age as much as women do. on one caht/datingsite I go to occasionally, one man cotntacted me to talk to me, and instead ofthe 56 his profile says he is, he's really 66 and by his picture, I'm even doubting that he is even that young. I think women do it because men want younger women, some won't date a woman even 2 years younger than they are.. Yesterday, my grandson was asking me questions about things like that, why did i have wrinkles, and grey hair, and finally, "Nanny, if Auntie is 36, how can you be her mommy if you are only 41? Little girls can't be mommies!" I had to tell him that sometimes women like to pretend they are just the age they feel like they are.
its not true.....guys too hide their age! there is no reason as to why someone is hiding his/her age! it could be personal. its better not to comment
I have never lied about my age . I have never been able to understand why someone would lie about something that doesn't change anything . It is the same as a person's size , people always seem to be afraid of giving their acutal size and bigger people tend to tell you they are smaller then they are , why , you can see them right there in front of you and know they are not that size . Makes getting a gift hard for someone when they lie about such petty matters.
@rein2410 (809)
I think its because to form a relationship, girls always want to find an older man. So man does not need to lie at first if they are older the better to start relationship, but for girls, they want to find someone older and if they saw some man that they have crush on but do not know their age, they would lie at first to check if the man is actually older than them or not. I am not really good at explaining this stuff and I really hope that helps
@XxAngelxX (2830)
I think perhaps you are correct when you say to attract the boys. I have seen a lot of women who just won't answer the question when asked how old they are. Personally I don't think I've ever lied about my age. I don't care who knows how old I am, makes no difference to me at all. By the way, I'm 32 :)
@stephcjh (32303)
I think ladies would like to be treated as though they are young and beautiful and desireable as they were when they were younger. Men think the older they get the more experienced they are. They tend to think they are more macho as a "man" than to say they are younger like a little "boy".