taking up nursing for abroad

it's common here in our country where most freshmen took up nursing because they wanna go abroad after college. nurses abroad are so in demand nowadays and it's sad to say that even doctors are taking up nursing course just to go abroad. isn't that funny? im just worried that time will come that no nurse would like to remain here in our country because all of them are abroad. if that would happen, what would happen to our hospitals here? yes they are earning more there and helping their families to live comfortably. but they haven't realized that our country who needs them more is now abandoned. well, can't blame them because of the economic crisis that we are facing here. people nowadays are just being practical, they stop being heroic.
@god_spear (498)
Yes you are right Nurses always want to work abroad of course for bigger salary. we cannot stop them for doing that since its really a good idea to work other places specially when the compensation is higher that here in our country. When my wife decided to apply for abroad i permit her beacuse it is her desire but the bad thing is she did not continue applying since on that time the World Trade Center in US was bombed and she was afraid on what will happened, maybe its nor yet time for her to go there, She is now a nurse supervisor here in one of the hospital here in Quezon Province. Your right also that if all the newly graduate nurses will go to other country i think that there will be asmall number of nursea who will take care of us. The government should do someting about that, maybe they can file a law increasing the compensation of nurses and give more benefits so that they will leave our country. ARe you a nurse, how about you do you wan to go abroad also.
you are right that the government should make an action before its too late. things like those should be taken care of as early as now or in the end they will regret for taking the situation for graduated. me? im a business administration graduate. i always wanted to be involved in the business world. yes, i wanna go abroad but not for work. i wanna go there just to relax and have a vacation, hopefully. for now, i wanna go around the philippines. iv'e already been to visayas and mindanao because of my work and im so grateful for it. its better to appreciate first the beauty of our country before doing so to the other countries.
Thank you for giving me the best response, are you Med Rep, it seems that your job involved travelling, i also enjoy going other places the only problem is budget. That iswhy i took a part-time job in addition to my present job as a govt employee, to support my intention to go to other places with my family.
nope, im in sales & marketing. our work also involves travelling because we have clients all over the country. its really fun and i really love going to different places.
I'm in the Philippines too taking up Nursing at the age of 32. It's my ticket back to the US. I was there before until I gave up my life for a guy. Anyway, don't worry, not all nurses will be able to leave the country because not everyone will pass the NCLEX. And there are also some who are scared to live far away, far from the comforts of family and home.
I must say at first, I didn't want to get into nursing. I used to look down on nurses in the Philippines. But when I started nursing school, I learned alot and realized this is the perfect job for me. It takes a caring and patient person to do such a job. And a smart one too... I think it's hard for someone to go through college and nursing if they don't like this field. Imagine all the gore and the blood too... Only about 60% pass the NCLEX so don't worry people. It's only a plus that nurses can make $4,000 a month and up. A lot of people who have graduated with other degress even Medicine are taking up Nursing because there is just no future in the previous courses they have taken. I've worked in call centers making 14,5000 pesos a month and it's not even enough for me let alone raise the 3 kids I have as a single parent. Also, the quality of life in the Philippines is really bad now. Public education is so bad, everyone wants to send their kids to private schools. And those are getting expensive every year. I'm sorry but I don't feel so safe in my country. Everyone can choose to live where they want. I've lived in the US and my relatives are all there, I believe raising my kids there will be best. They will grow up more independent out there than here. Just my opinion, to help enlighten those who are unfamiliar with this matter.
good for you, at least you really have the heart in that profession.
I agree with you that taking up nursing has become the trend in our country because of the increasing demand abroad. I also took up nursing three years ago as my second course because my cousins who were nurses encourage me to. I guess because of practicality as well, i took it up and jusy this december2006 i passed the nurse licensure exam. Becoming a nurse was actually my first choice of course but because of lack of job opportunities before in that field, i decided to take up a business course. Nursing was way different from my course before but i learned to love it. My mom and almost all of my cousins are nurses thats why i was really motivated to take up the course. Right now i am preparing for my NCLEX review then maybe after work in the hospital for expereince then apply for abroad. Like any nurse who want to go abroad, i also want to earn money for my family and for my future children. Its now difficult to actually send even a child to a good school nowadays because of the high cost. I cant blame nurses for going abroad. I did encounter a lot of nurses who actually work abroad but the good thing was they still chose to retire here in the Philippines and still even work here in hospitals. Its just sad because those nurses who are really good are abroad working and whats left here are the new ones and some have limited experiences.
well, atleast you have the heart for the course.
that is the one thing i dont want with the nursing student today.. they look nursing just money and not a profession. it seems like the true essense of being a nurse is gone. i know this kind of economy is the time to be practical but what cant it bring you? just a fianncialy stable life and in the end the only question there is is "do they really love what tehy are doing?" wholeheartedly?" i salute the remainging nurser we have right now cause i can say that they know what is the real meanig of being a nurse.
i agree with you, being nurse nowadays is not defined as a profession but as a good source of income.
@blindedfox (3315)
I haven't really imagined myself as a nursing student even before I took college. Being an IT-inclined guy, nursing ain't for me. But most people are abandoning the courses they took up in colege for nursing. Whats up with that?
they just thought that money is in nursing. they can earn more when they go abroad.
@im_vjy (1485)
Good go on dear!!