DId you ever try a patch to stop smoking?

@arkaf61 (10882)
My father in law is trying to quit smoking but it is difficult. Someone suggested nicoderm patch. Has anybody here tried this? Does it work?
@ssh123 (31096)
By persuation by nearest and dearest and also friends, one can stop smoking when one comes to know the illeffects of smoking. I ever tried that patch to stop, but because my son was pursudading almost every now and then and I gave up. It is a good riddance indeed.
@arkaf61 (10882)
That it is !
@gabs8513 (48712)
Yes I just have and no it did not work for me at all. I know it worked for a Friend but not for me, also it never stays on me. So I am doing it without by not smoking a lot forcing myself not to smoke until I really want one and so far that is working and I hope that it will keep on working.
@arkaf61 (10882)
No matter how you are doing it I hope it works for you my friend. WIth my father in law, so far the patch seems to be working. I think it works differently with each person, but any effort to stop smoking is good.
@Fishmomma (11383)
Sorry I have never used the patch to quit smoking, as I'm a non-smoker. I think its great when somebody stops smoking, as they will have money for other things. One of my friends did try the patch, but she also started holding other things in her smoking hand and chewing on carrot sticks. She did stop smoking, but thinks the combination of help made the difference. She was tired of going outside to smoke as all of her friends are non-smokers. Sadly, her parents are still smoking, but she hopes they stop some day.
@arkaf61 (10882)
First let me thank you for allowing me to resolve this question :)It's been here for so long and I thought I would never be able to get rid of it hehe My father in law started using the patch and it seems to be working - keeping my fingers crossed. He has been a smoker for many years and already had 2 heart attacks but never stopped smoking. I hope it works this time:)