Paralegal degrees

United States
February 24, 2007 5:09pm CST
I am currently enrolled in a 2 yr paralegal program for an associates degree but I hear there are some 4 year Bachelors programs. I would like to get a 4 year degree after getting my 2 year degree and then maybe go to law school. my professor who is a ciruit judge tells me the paralegal classes were the most helpful when she went onto law school. Does anyone know of any colleges or universities that offer 4 yr paralegal degrees? or any where on the web where I could find out? I do not want to get a degree online. THANKS!
1 response
• United States
24 Feb 07
The only paralegal degree programs are 2-year programs at community colleges. However, if you are planning on law school, I would strongly recommend NOT getting a B.A. in paralegal classes. Find something else that you're really interested in and do the best you can with that. A 2-year paralegal degree certainly won't hurt you - I took some paralegal classes myself - but for your bachelor's degree I would suggest something else. You can study whatever you want - I'm a Linguistics/Spanish major and I know someone who got her degree in Art before going to law school.