Yellowfin tuna is a gold in japanese market

Yellowfin tuna - yellowfin tuna said to be like a gold when it comes to apanese market.
@qouniq (1968)
Malaysia
last night i have a meeting with a friend who is running a tuna ranching project the first in Labuan,...and still not in Sabah...He brief me and my other friend about this business...he said that yellowfin tuna is like a gold in a japanese market...they like this fish for their sashimi....the fish size can be up to 5 feet long and can be more than 30kg in weight....In my place,..we eat tuna just like the other fishes which means that there is no different in term of price. But with japanese, they prefer the fish with a fat, because when they eat the sashimi,..they will melt the fat on their tongue before eating the fish...that's how they taste the fish.... Have you eat tuna fish?...how you eat them...raw or cooked?...
I have had it in the can with oil and water. I have had tuna steak fresh. I don't care for any tuna. Thanks for all the info, very interesting.
@qouniq (1968)
In my town, tuna been sold in the market freshly in the shape of whole fish. We cook a different kind of dish made from this tuna and they taste nice too. For canned tuna, I love the tuna in chili and have it as a sandwich with my bread.
@luannemay (258)
I like eating tuna fresh or canned. I also eat raw tuna (maguro sashimi) dipped in soy sauce, wasabi and kalamansi(native lemon) from time to time. I also cook it with gata (coconut cream)and vinegar. I also fry them. We canned tuna i sauteed it w/ veggies. So many ways to eat tuna