Is "me syndrome" an epidemic?

Is "me syndrome" and epidemic in your area? Here are the symptoms: 1. They have a distorted view of themselves and think that everything revolves around them. Anything anyone does to annoy them, is taken as a personal insult. 2. They are insistent that all their needs be met before anyone else's. And, they will anyone to get those needs met. 3. They think their opinion is the only right one. I'm sure there's more symptoms, feel free to add. So, is this a disease that is common in your area?
@wmg2006 (5383)
It is very common here in the South of the US. Most of the time it is portrayed by white males. most all men think they are supeior, but white males who are older really think it is all about them and that we the female population and all younger men were born to worship them. Every white man I have worked for has these exact same qualities and they also think they do not wrong. They all have unethical work relations if you ask me, but they justify it by saying they are not doing anything wrong. They are the first ones to yell foul when it is not in their favor. There are so many of these idiots here, I wish they all had to survive together on an island alone. LOL
I haven't had that experience with all white males. But, I do admit that there are many men who act like the world revolves around them. I especially don't like the ones that think that everything you do is to make them angry.
@towongfoo27 (2989)
There is a technical term for the "me syndrome" in Sociology, in part because it characterizes the culture in this day and age. Some things that relate to this are smaller families, higher divorce rates, and the disadvantaged children resulting from it. The term escapes me at this moment, but I think the "me syndrome" can be somewhat connected and related to the advent of the Internet, too. The reason being is because the Internet specializes, desegments (or segments), and structures everything to the point of it having to be one of a kind. Society thinks it is special now because of the Internet and New Media. lol I think the terms are Gesellschaft and Geimenschaft in describing the different types of society. If society is more rural and family oriented, it is more geimenschaft. If society is more urban and individualized, it is called Gesellschaft. I should go into Sociology.
Wow, it sounds like you are really interested in Sociology. It might be good to look into it as a career.
@xikass (119)
• Egypt
wow !! it is an important discussion . me syndrom is not epidemic only . it spread every where . what is this ??? the infected person loves himself and only himself . underestimate the others . let me say this be easy to fool this person and easy to make him jerk . this is by giving what he needs . and then you can get what you want from him . this person is not to be loved . I think he is poor , cannot find love and appreciation . give him his ego and he will let you kick his @$$ .
He he. I've never thought of that. Yours is a unique response. Thanks!