static electricity

United States
April 11, 2007 6:22pm CST
Over the past month everything metal i touch in my home i get shocked from, and i mean it hurts sometimes, my hair will stick up and what not...i use a ton of those dryer things for the clothes...hoe do you get rid of this? any home remedies out there?
3 people like this
4 responses
@gapeach65 (805)
• United States
12 Apr 07
I think we just have electric personalities...lol...I have the same trouble, I even worry about pumping gas any more, I may cause and explosion, everything I touch I get shocked and I shock those around me, my children even hate it when I kiss them, because it hurts. I heard that if you put a safety pin inside your clothes, like on a seam, it would help, it hasn't helped me. I don't have a remedy, but I wanted to share that this one didn't work for me. Good luck and if you find something that works, please share it with me.
• United States
12 Apr 07
Some others posted some good ideas....it just may be to dry in here, but man it hurts when u forget and get shocked!
• Canada
17 Apr 07
awwww, you poor thing, getting all shocked up, must be because.... never mind, I'm not touching that one... Hope you get the problem fixed.
• United States
20 Apr 07
Too many electronic components in your house,turn off the internet for awhile..lol
@SpitFire179 (2536)
• Canada
17 Apr 07
Hahaha, I'm Sorry, But Can I Call You Surge Now? ;)
@Polly1 (12648)
• United States
12 Apr 07
You need more humidity in the air, its way too dry. Get a humidifier or figure out a way to put moisture in the air. I have a gas powered space heater, I keep a pan of water on it. If you have radiator heat you can do the same thing.