Are you afraid of lightening and/or thunder?

When it rains with thunders and lightening, we get to see the violent form of nature. Although the probability of one getting stuck with lightening is very low, there is always a chance. I am scared of lightening and thunder that follows it. How about you?
@weemam (13377)
It doesn't bother me too much as we get it quite often What bothers me is the damage it can do , A friend of ours left her video recorder plugged in ant it blew up , I take out the plugs from the wall that my PC and laptop are connected to, other things I leave alone , If I am watching the TV I switch it off too and pull the plug out of the wall , I am quite fascinated by the weather xx
Oh well, it certainly cause damage to the appliances, but the scary thought is that what if it strikes on the house or something!!
@weemam (13377)
I think most houses now adays have lightning rods on the roofs so it strikes the rods and goes right into the ground xx
@rmuxagirl (7561)
I simply love thunder and lightening, at times it can be scary, but for some reason it really relaxes me. When it storms at night, it puts me to sleep.
Very good for you. Because when a person gets scared when its lightning incessantly the fear can get overwhelming sometimes.
@jonaida (574)
I am afraid of lightnign and thunder, I usually cover my ears to lessen the sound of the thunder and close my eyes not to see the lightning. I also close the doors and windows so I would not see the lightning.
I can understand your fear. Lightning is dangerous and if you have it in your mind then it can scare one tremendously.
I am afraid of the lightning because it can really kill. Thunders are anyway like music to my ears. Didnt the Bible say that when God speaks, people thought they heard a thunder? But the sound of lightning is different. It was too scary and too loud. Its rainy season again and I would remember how lightning makes my heart jump.
I didn't understand the difference between sound of thunder and sound of lightning. I thought that sound of lightning is called thunder. Probably you mean to say the sound of lightning when it strikes something nearby and makes an electric sound. Is it?
When I'm outside I'm don't like lightning, but I like thunderstorms at night.
Thats interesting. Thanks for your response.
yes i'm always feel shock whenever i heard a lightning or thunder....
Ok. Thank you
@susieq223 (3742)
Actually, I love lightening and thunder. I love storms (without tornados!) I love the awesome display of nature's power! At the same time, I respect it and watch it from the safety of my house after I have unplugged everything!
Okay! Thanks for your response.
no i am not. but my wife is actually very afraid of thunder and she cannot stay alone in the house when the thundering happens.
Good for you and her that you both are married! LOL
As long as I am in my home and it is not a tornado, I am not afraid of it. Actually, it is soothing. It is great weather for book-reading.
Yes, I too have experienced that. It is great for reading.
@liyan97 (2128)
• Northern Mariana Islands
I am actually affraid of thunder! It is the loud noise that manages to creep through my whole body! I am not too affraid of lightning because the chance of me odds of lightning striking me is slim to none...lol
Yes, thunder makes my heart beat very loudly too! LOL.
@mskzalameda (4036)
thunder and lightning - storm strikes again
yeah sometimes I do. When the thunder screams I get frightened a bit that I might be the next target ha ha! I just cover my ears with my hands to lessen the scare factor.:)
Actually thunder is so loud but its not dangerous at all. Its lightening which is dangerous. Thunder is a mere effect of lightening. Thanks for your response.
@catch_me (930)
a little bit but only cuz of creepy movies i have seen. *******************************************************
@lols189 (4797)
me too, i am scared when it is thunder and lightening as at times it can be dangerous and i wish i would never be caught up in it