did you know this secret? sqeezing orange juice into your salads instead of

dressing and if you do this with a tad of lawrys salt its so awesome.....I have never told my secret but now its out .....people just love it....
eaforeman, I do that lot in the summer time when fresh vegetables are cheap and so readily available at our farmers markets. I like to squeeze lemon juice from lemons also. I tend to prefer the vinaigrette based salad dressings , so citrus is a treat.
Thank you my friend for the BR :))
@omupas (1243)
Hmm... I've never heard of that before. I'll have to try it out sometime. Thanks for the tip, I'm sure it's much healthier than using dressing on the salad.
I worked in a restraunt and a very popular salad was rockette leaves, orange segments minus the oustide bit and pine nuts.
@byfaithonly (10716)
I've never heard of this but sounds interesting - will have to try it sometime.
@jennybianca (12914)
That is a good idea. This would be much lower in fat, although orange juice does have a lot of sugar. I'm not sure I like the idea of salt added to it though. Therre must be some other herb or spice that goes well with it?
@sigma77 (5385)
Well, I don't like dressing on my salads, so this sounds like a nice alternative. But I wonder if this goes good with the onions that I might have in my salad? I cannot get my mind to think about the propsects of orange juice and onions mixing. Maybe it will be fine.