Do you have a home remedy for poison ivy?

@TriciaW (2442)
Ok I warned the kids do not go into the weeds there could be poison ivy. I laid my blanket down on the sand and started helping children put worms on the hook. A little bit later I noticed a weed touching my blanket. All I could say is man I hope that isn't poison Ivy. Well I woke up itching a lot. Thought ok my imagination. Well this morning now I itch every where and they are now bigger spots and more of them. So any one got any home remedies that will get me through being stupid?*L* I swear I can look at the stuff and get it. In the past I have tried so many over the counter things but I need a quick fix.
My husband gets poison ivy very easily. Last time he had it I did an internet search on poison ivy and there are a ton of sites that come up including ones with home remedies. I don't get poison ivy, but he said the faster you can dry it up the better. Good luck!
@deebomb (15347)
Tric I don't have any home remedies for poison Ivy But I do know that Aveeno is very good for any itching that you may have. Just thought of one an oatmesl bath might help. Take your oatmeal and grind it up fine then put it in the tub and cool water. Iknow how ivy must itch. I've had chigger bite that will drive you to the brink of madnes and the aveeno stopped the itching better than any thing else. keep it cool will also help.