Military

@sahm35 (891)
Do you think that the military should have to pay taxes?
I do not think any person who routinelu puts their life on the line in order to protect the public (police, firemen, military) should have to pay taxes. They are paid no where near what they should be. In my opinion, they pay their "dues" every time they go to work.
@Modestah (11192)
very nice, thank you. however, we are also members of the community and as such we should support it financially as well as anyone else. So, it is right that we pay income tax, state tax (if the state charges it) and sales tax within the community. If it is the common law to pay realestate tax then we should not be exempt.
@Modestah (11192)
Depends what you are asking - the government body? well that would be silly since it would be like robbing peter to pay paul. the individual service members? yes, I think it is right that we pay taxes so long as everyone else is. But, like parated stated the exemption while overseas in combat etc. is a nice expression of gratitude that is fitting.