Hangover from the hospital

United States
October 11, 2007 1:04pm CST
A 24 year old Italian tourist had ethylene poisoning, though the article didn't say if he had been drinking anti-freeze or how he got it. The cure for this type of poisoning is pharmaceutical grade alcohol. The hospital ran out so they started a vodka drip. They hung bottles of vodka and put it through the man's iv at a rate of about 3 drinks an hour for 3 days. The doctor's had to then explain why the cost of cases of vodka to hospital administrators. Per the article, there is no word of how bad the Italian man's hangover was.
1 person likes this
1 response
@AmbiePam (44635)
• United States
11 Oct 07
I heard about that. That's about the only time I'd get excused for that, is if the hospital actually did that. LOL
• United States
15 Oct 07
I have never tasted vodka. I am not a drinker anyway, but I've heard too many stories about how potent it is. I know that some of the eastern bloc countries drink it the way that we drink iced tea in this country.