The Howl-o-ween party/parade was great fun at PetSmart, but not much for sales.

@writersedge (22579)
The dogs, cats, and owners were such a hoot, so cute and so much fun. I wish I could have just gone and enjoyed it more. But instead, I had to try to sell. Only two sales all night. One before the event and one long after. 6.99 and 4.99, hardly worth paying me for 4 hours to be there, so I bought some food for my cat to try to make up the difference. Have you ever worked extra anywhere? Did it pay off? I was surprised that I didn't do better. During the adoption weekend, I had many new customers. But I can understand. When you adopt, you suddenly need food. When you are at a Halloween party, you just bought a costume, put gas in your vehicle to get there etc. Take care
@suspenseful (40326)
I did do the midnight shift at the post office (I was between jobs at the time and I needed money for Christmas) and I had to work overtime at the office a few times, but I can understand why you did not make any money. Everyone was Halloweening and being near Thanksgiving, well people try to get the food cheaper elsewhere or they already have food at home or assume food at PetSmart is more expensive. That is my take on things. It is the competition.
@writersedge (22579)
I hate overnight shifts. I've had them a few times for a few jobs. I will be able to retire in 6 years, I hope I don't have to pull any more overnighters. For about 2 hours out of the four, the people with animals were parading around. So during the animal parade, I made no sales, but I did buy a few things so that I would seem to have made some sales. That way I can get more extra hours. Hopefully soon. Right now, people are buying extra as presents for their friends' pets for Thanksgiving and Christmas, so my sales for other days have actually picked up. That was just a bad day to try to do sales. Take care and thank you for responding to a zero response one.