what is the average puppies a dog give?

@addy4all (638)
hello friends,well this is for all the dog lovers..well those who keep dogs in a large numbers and those who love dogs... can u help mee out by telling that how much at an average a dog gives birth to puupies???
@Duvessa (914)
It all depends on the breed of the dog?
@coffeebreak (17824)
Don't know anything more than what happend with my gradn daughters boxer that just had puppies. The sonogram showed 4 puppies. After the fourth puppy was born, they thought it was all over, but then turned to look and there comes a fifth one popping out! Guess you never really know for sure until it happens!
@diillu (5130)
I have a Japanese Spitz dong in home and she can give birth two 3 puppies once in a year. Some other kind of smaller dogs can give only 1 puppies at a time. But I have seen a bog giving birth to 8 puppies in my friends house. She couldn't feed all those puppies by herself so my friend has to feed the other puppies by herself.
@palonghorn (5490)
It all depends on the breed of dog, smaller dogs normally have 2 - 5 puppies, large dogs can have as many as 11 in the litter.