Making a Living

You hear of some people making a living online. There are probloggers now who do nothing but blog and make money. Some of them claim a six figure income from blogging alone. Others claim to make a living from clicking, reading e-mails, and doing other income generating things. Here is my question, can anyone do it? What does it take?
@omupas (1243)
I believe that anyone can be successful at making a living online, however, I also believe that people have to be willing to want to make a living online. What I mean by that is this, you need to be willing to "learn the ropes" and follow systems that have been proven to work for others. You have to invest your time in learning the system in place for whatever type of program it is you choose to participate in and become a student of it. Learning the process is step one. Then you need to be dedicated to the program that you choose to follow. By that, I mean you need to set a specific period of time to dedicate to whatever you choose to join. I personally set a personal timeframe of 90 days to test things out and see if I like it and if I can get results. The problem that most people have is a lack of dedication to earning an income online. People say they want it, but most people don't do anything about it. And if they do something about it, many times people give up or abandon ship too early. For example, every day of every week, even here on mylot, you see all kinds of links/programs being promoted. While I agree that you should check out opportunities, you shouldn't abandon what you've already started. The biggest problem with earning a living online is that there are so many programs, so many get rich promises, that people end up jumping from program to program only to be disappointed in the end. What's the point of what I'm writing? It's possible, you just need to find something that works and stick with it. I was a program jumper myself for years and spent a lot of money online trying to make money. I started seriously focusing on money making online April of this year. I know earn $2000+/month online and am looking to double that within the course of the next 12 months. Hope some of this insight helps you.
I think that a great deal of people who want to make a living online also want it to come fast, easy, and free of real work. They love the sound of the get rich scheme because that is what they really want. Building up what one is doing online into something that can be lived off of is much like starting a small business. It takes time, energy and work. I just started working at it in August. I can't say I am doing as well as you, but I made over three hundred dollars this month and should make over four or five next months. I have tried a lot of things and ditched them, some faster then others. This is because I don't need to make a living off of it yet, and I refuse to do something that I don't enjoy doing, even if it is for money.
@KrauseHome (35507)
Truthfully, I feel making a living working from home can be achieved from anyone. The thing is though what tends to work for someone else, might not always be the Best for everyone, as it is up to each individual what they are looking for. There are a couple of things I am doing online, and I am happy with. No, they are not replacing my Income I make with my real job, but I know if I keep at it, in time, I will get there.
@wolfie34 (26792)
Wow that is truly amazing! It can be done then, obviously takes a lot of dedication, hard work and no doubt lots of faith! I expect you have to live in the US to make this kind of money. A lot of business and sites etc I find that I cannot join because I don't live in the US so I am penalized and there are so many scams out there too, it's a minefield. I enjoy hearing the success stories and that people are genuinely making money off the internet and good luck to them. I haven't got into blogging to be honest. But I was surprised to hear it's a big business now.