The Holidays are Killing Me!!!

@missybal (4492)
Well money sure is tight this year. I usually make the majority of my income this season with my ebay business however that didn't do as well this year as every other year. Not by a landslide. So now I just wrapped up the last of my auctions until after Christmas and hope to start anew in the new year. It's a good thing that I shoped all year for Christmas presents and only had a couple last minutes to finish up however there were about 50 people on that shopping list. I really need to focus on making more next year and I know Mylot isn't going to do it but I so love it here. It's fun but it doesn't pay so I must go back to working harder on my own businesses. It seems we never get ahead even know we made a great deal more this year than we did last. It's just I want so much for everything to be paid off and it doesn't leave much in your pocket when you have loans. So how are you this Holiday season? Anyone else Broke?
yes like you I was doing the ebay thing. I have to be happy that I sold all my bags. it's tough with the fees we have to pay. I am keeping my store open after the holiday's just to get my business cards in other people hands. What is it your selling? That may be one of the reasons your so broke. It could be an item not so good for the holiday rush. I also have a craft show to attend the 19th of this month. That is cash money so that goodness for this. Good luck to you.
@missybal (4492)
I sell lap quilts and baby blankets and I do this all year round and do very well usually. This was just one not so good holiday for sales. Not saying I didn't make money but not as much as other years but most likely it's the prints that sell and so I didn't have the ones that people went crazy for. I did however sell a lot of my grandmother's crocheted items for her and made her a few hundred.
Boy, do I hear ya!...I can't wait until the New Year arrives and I'm hoping it will be a heck of alot better than this last one. I was laid off and had a very hard time finding full time work, so my bills are a mess. Just started a new job a few weeks ago so Christmas will be very minimal as far as gifts this year. I didn't even bother with Ebay, as I'm a dealer too, but the fee's are getting outrageous. Let's hope for next year, but Merry Christmas to you anyway, lol!
@missybal (4492)
Yeah the fees are out of control. They had free gallery picture for a couple of weeks there but still with the listing fee, then the percent of your take then everyone using paypal, it's getting more and more difficult to make anything. I'm hoping they will do another free listing period. I got a lot to list but I'm waiting for a deal like that because I have a few things that have to start low.
@venshida (4837)
This is the brokess Christmas I can remember. I am making a lot of my gifts this year. I limit my family to 1 store brought gift and the other's are handmade. I am just going to eat, relax and enjoy myself.
@missybal (4492)
Yeah I did that too. I made pillows for my husband's side of the family that ended up costing about $5.00 each and so 20 of them still equals $100. But you get get any cheaper than that. Some of my mom's gifts I got 90% off so I didn't do to bad. Just had a ton of people to shop for.
@kurtbiewald (2628)
hmmmmmmmm I'm sorry to hear that I expect to be broke for like 5 years or so cuz of debts so, I am not gonna worry about it too much