Compelled to write

@sharone74 (4839)
I have always felt that I had a pretty unique perspective upon my world, the people, and the situations which we all get ourselves into. For a little over a year now, I have been providing content articles to a couple of websites online.Now that I have an outlet for my creative writing, my required college writing, and my unique perspective has an outlet,you would think that I would be writing all the time right. Wrong. I feel compelled many times to write and at times like that I can write as many as 4-6 articles in a day. I also will probably start an equal number of articles that go into my unfinished articles folder. When the compulsion is absent is there a way to induce oneself to write, is the muse tractable or do you just have to wait until she graces your life again however briefly? When I try to write when I am "not in the mood" the words just fly round and round over my head and everything that I write is either a great unfinished article that awaits inspiration for completion or it sounds as boring and bland as bran flakes in the morning. Why can the compulsion not be consistent??
@cher913 (25891)
creativity isnt a constant...it comes in waves, it ebbs and flows... i have written in the past and now i am working on starting a card making biz and (talking to other artists)i find that this is the case all the way around...
@miller1978 (1104)
The reason it is not consistent is because you are trying to hard. Writing is natural as long as you let it flow from your thoughts. In order for your thoughts to be opened up you must try some relaxation techniques. This is great to do. I usually take time to get up and walk around while writing if I get stuck. If it doesn't come to me I lay it aside and find something else to do. Exercising your brain is also very important for your body. In order to be able to perform properly you would need to train yourself to get into a "groove" that works for you. Good Luck with your articles and unfinished business.