Pictures with articles

Do you ever upload pictures to go with your articles on AC? I wrote an article about crafts and was wondering if it would be a good idea to put a picture with it. Is it beneficial to put pictures with articles? Is it difficult? Can you add pictures later?
I would think it's going to help you in the long run. Do you make articles like on helium? I am off to register now If you need a referral pm me. I like helium.com so I want to try that one.
Yes, I write on Helium as well. My link is in my profile. In order to be a referral there I would need your first and last name and email address. If you are not comfortable with that I understand. I think it's easier at AC, though. Are you already a member there?
No.. I am just now getting back to Helium. I forgot I even had an acct. I have .80 +. How do we earn money? I am still lost on that one. I just hate reading to rate the articles. So I plan to stick to writing till I get pro.
I honestly haven't noticed that they really pay me more for a picture but if you have a picture I would use it. I honestly think it looks better. For example, a few of the articles I write are cupcake decorating. I try to have at least one picture to go with it because I know for me, if I'm looking up how to do something I like to see pictures with it. You can't add pictures to an article once it's been published.
@Pigglies (9339)
I almost always add pictures with my articles now. At first I didn't unless I had a really good photo to go along with it. Now I almost always have a photo it seems. I don't know if they really pay more or anything, but I like to see pictures when I'm reading articles so I'm thinking others do too. I also noticed that sometimes if I write a featured article, AC adds a photo for me if I didn't originally add one. So I like to add one so that they don't pick something I wouldn't have approved of. It's not difficult at all to add pictures. I'm pretty sure you can add them later if needed too.
@LouRhi (1502)
I don't know about how you go about adding pictures at AC (I can't write there as they only pay US citizens) but I think if you have a relevant picture then you should certainly add it. It just adds that little bit extra. Just make sure you have the copyright to the photo or permission to use it.