Medical Terms

@clrumfelt (5424)
United States
April 18, 2008 10:54am CST
I am really going out on a limb here hoping that my fellow MyLotters will not think I am trying to use MyLot as a homework hotline, but I am currently taking a course in medical transcription and have come across a word in a recording for which I cannot find a definition in any medical dictionary, online or in any other place I have looked. The word sounds like "placadema". Has anyone come across this word or one that sounds like it? I'd appreciate your help so much.
No responses