My Bothers Marriage Blues...

@nupats (3564)
India
May 21, 2008 7:14am CST
my brother is 27 years old he had told my parents to look for a girl for him. so the family found a suitable girl and even the girls parents approved ...so he spoke to the girl and they immediately took a strong liking for each other and are constantly in touch...they exchanged pictures and all was set...now my dad called her dad to ask if we could meet up and discuss the wedding so her dad said he will talk with all elders of his family and get back to us. we waited a month passed by we again called them so this time her dad said by mid of the month they are planning to vist us and discuss....so again we were happy bcoz my bro has fallen head over heels in love with her. again there was silence frm their end. but my bro and the girl still talk abt wedding plans. i told my dad that he shud call and spk to them again though he was a little annoyed but for my bro's sake. dad spoke to them and they said they will call back and again no reply. So we r assuming that they r not intrested in the alliance and so they r stalling. now we found another match for my brother but he is refusing to see anyone else. he says he will wait for her...my mom tells me explain him that it is not working and he tells me tell them i will wait for her. this has strained the relations and ours is a very close knit family. i m so uncomfortable with this whole incident i dont know how to handle this? can anyone pls give a solution? i just want my family to b happy together once again...thank u
1 response
@SViswan (12072)
• India
21 May 08
Sounds very similar to a situation my cousin had. She ended up marrying someone else and the guy (who liked her and she liked him) married another cousin of ours!! It was some silly thing where one elder was hesitant and my cousin's parents kept stalling and then called it off. For your brother's sake, I'd say ask your father to call one last time and ask them to give a final reply...a yes or a no. Tell them if the answer from their end is a no, then your family needs to look out for another person for your brother....your family can't keep waiting longer and it is not fair on the girl or the boy (your brother) concerned. If their answer is a final no..then your brother has no other option than to accept it and move forward. They are probably stalling because they are still discussing it with the rest of the family or another favourable alliance has come and they are still choosing which one is better of the two.
1 person likes this
@nupats (3564)
• India
21 May 08
thanx for ur suggestion i will surely try and convince my dad to spk to them one last time...for his sake....i hope all good happens...will it b right to tell my brother to spk to the girl to tell her dad that she is also very keen?..
@SViswan (12072)
• India
22 May 08
If the girl is also very keen, then that sounds like a great idea. Yes, you can also ask your brother to speak to her and see what her reaction to the whole thing is. And if both of them are fixed about their choice and it's only the girl's family dilly dallying, then I would say go ahead and get them married.