We have a big problem here

@spalladino (17924)
Wild cats. Now, don't get me wrong, I love cats, I've always had cats and have two right now but we suddenly have a whole lot of wild cats and their kittens hanging around. I live in a rural area, we're two blocks of homes near a river with cane and citrus fields on the other end and a large cattle ranch across from us. The cats we're dealing with now are probably the fourth generation of the first group we spotted over a year ago who mainly stayed on the ranch property. But now they're coming around, several different mommas with their kittens. My daughter's family lives in a mobile home on my property and they have a momma and three kittens living under their place. Another neighbor has a family living in the crawl space under their house. This evening my grandson rescued a kitten that was in the field crying for his momma. The poor thing was skin and bones, filthy with runny eyes and a runny nose but liked my grandson and followed him for awhile. He wouldn't eat the canned cat food he offered to him and ended up going under his house with the other kittens. Some of us have been talking about this problem, the cats get into trash cans and make a mess, but we have no idea what to do about it other than to call Animal Control which no one wants to do. The Humane Society only takes animals that you own so we can't show up there with these wild cats and claim they're our pets even if we could catch them. Anyone have any suggestions?
@irened100 (132)
Is there any sort of local animal asylum around/nearby? If so, maybe you could ask them to take these poor kittens.
@spalladino (17924)
We have a shelter run by the Humane Society but you can only surrender pets that you own. We may be able to get away with taking the one my grandson made friends with there since it's still hanging around and will let him pick it up but the others are too wild.