mushrooms!!!!!!!

@Olonam (870)
Philippines
June 11, 2008 11:18am CST
How do you know if a mushroom is poisonous or not? I want to know!
2 people like this
3 responses
• United States
11 Jun 08
Considering that mycologists have a hard time differentiating between species and varieties, I'd say that you'd be best off avoiding any that are wild picked! There are some good identifying guides that you can find on amazon and B&N, if you look.
• United States
11 Jun 08
Forgot to add that the only way to tell if they're poisonous is to eat one and see. I wouldn't recommend it!
@jb78000 (15173)
3 Dec 09
it is not easy - some poisonous ones look like edible ones. if you go mushroom picking then get someone with lots of experience of the mushrooms in your area to help you and tell you which ones to avoid. i wouldn't recommend doing it yourself with just a handbook to help.
@lilybug (21148)
• United States
12 Jun 08
I have no idea. I only eat the mushrooms that I can find in the grocery store, so I don't have to worry about them being poisonous or not.